    switch or router (layer 2 and 3 devices, with either CatOS or IOS)?

    Thanks,
    JR
    J R, Sep 1, 2004

  2. J R

    mh Guest

    for IOS:

    STUB#sh ip multi
    Multicast Routing: disabled
    Multicast Multipath: disabled
    Multicast Route limit: No limit
    Multicast Triggered RPF check: enabled
    Multicast Fallback group mode: Dense

    STUB(config)#ip multicast-routing

    STUB#sh ip multi
    Multicast Routing: enabled <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    mh, Sep 1, 2004

  3. J R

    J R Guest

    So, if I have the following on a 7206, is this telling me that Multicasting
    is enabled, but I just don't have any routes?

    ROUTER-NAME#sh ip mroute
    IP Multicast Routing Table
    Flags: D - Dense, S - Sparse, B - Bidir Group, s - SSM Group, C - Connected,
    L - Local, P - Pruned, R - RP-bit set, F - Register flag,
    T - SPT-bit set, J - Join SPT, M - MSDP created entry,
    X - Proxy Join Timer Running, A - Candidate for MSDP Advertisement,
    U - URD, I - Received Source Specific Host Report, Z - Multicast
    Tunnel
    Y - Joined MDT-data group, y - Sending to MDT-data group
    Outgoing interface flags: H - Hardware switched
    Timers: Uptime/Expires
    Interface state: Interface, Next-Hop or VCD, State/Mode

    Thanks,
    J R
    J R, Sep 2, 2004
  4. J R

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <ch5r61$n5o$>, says...
    > Subject: Re: verifying multicasting
    > From: "J R" <>
    > Newsgroups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco
    >
    > So, if I have the following on a 7206, is this telling me that Multicasting
    > is enabled, but I just don't have any routes?
    >

    > ROUTER-NAME#sh ip mroute
    > IP Multicast Routing Table
    > Flags: D - Dense, S - Sparse, B - Bidir Group, s - SSM Group, C - Connected,
    > L - Local, P - Pruned, R - RP-bit set, F - Register flag,
    > T - SPT-bit set, J - Join SPT, M - MSDP created entry,
    > X - Proxy Join Timer Running, A - Candidate for MSDP Advertisement,
    > U - URD, I - Received Source Specific Host Report, Z - Multicast
    > Tunnel
    > Y - Joined MDT-data group, y - Sending to MDT-data group
    > Outgoing interface flags: H - Hardware switched
    > Timers: Uptime/Expires
    > Interface state: Interface, Next-Hop or VCD, State/Mode

    Wild guess: you have 'ip multicast-routing' but don't have any multicast
    routiing protocol enabled?

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, Sep 2, 2004