    Richard Guest

    When an email client says it cannot verify a pop 3 address, what does
    verifying mean exactly.
    Richard, Jul 28, 2003

  2. This is just a guess here, as I do run a mail server at home on a win2k
    server box and my smtp logs often states that it is verifying a smtp query
    whenever anyone emails me... so, to put this in this context then, verifying
    a pop3 on a client email program simply means that it is getting a response
    from the mail server side confirming that the actual mail account that
    you're checking your pop3 email from has that account and is legit.

    R Green
    Technical Support
    WoWsat.com

    R Green - WoWsat.com, Jul 28, 2003