    of scratching CD's / DVD's?

    TIA,
    - Tim

    Tim, May 24, 2005

  2. Tim

    Andrew Guest

    Tim wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone ever tried the verbatim ( I think) carousel devices that hold
    > around 200 CD's and have a USB interface?
    >
    > If so are they reliable and are they well enough designed to minimise risk
    > of scratching CD's / DVD's?
    >
    > TIA,
    > - Tim

    I know imation has one, i have not used one myself, but a previous
    customer of mine bought one and loves it

    Andrew, May 24, 2005

  3. Tim

    Richard Guest

    Tim wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone ever tried the verbatim ( I think) carousel devices that hold
    > around 200 CD's and have a USB interface?
    >
    > If so are they reliable and are they well enough designed to minimise risk
    > of scratching CD's / DVD's?

    If they spent another 70 bucks and stuck a dvd rom in there, I could see a
    point, but as for just holding them, with no automated way of cataloging them,
    its no better then putting the discs on the spindles they come on.

    Richard, May 24, 2005
  4. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Imation Disk Stakks is what I was looking for thanks.

    Seems ok... although I am concerned about discs getting scratched.

    - Tim

    Tim, May 24, 2005
  5. Tim

    Dave Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message news:d6v1uk$r4u$...
    > Imation Disk Stakks is what I was looking for thanks.
    >
    > Seems ok... although I am concerned about discs getting scratched.
    >
    > - Tim
    >

    > "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    >> Tim wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone ever tried the verbatim ( I think) carousel devices that hold
    >>> around 200 CD's and have a USB interface?
    >>>
    >>> If so are they reliable and are they well enough designed to minimise
    >>> risk of scratching CD's / DVD's?
    >>>
    >>> TIA,
    >>> - Tim
    >>>

    >> I know imation has one, i have not used one myself, but a previous
    >> customer of mine bought one and loves it

    Yeah we use one of those. Goes great. It comes with a program which scans a
    new disk and catalogs it for you. You can then search for a specific file or
    folder and it will spit out the disk you need. The stakka itself doesn't
    read disks so the initial cataloging can take a while inserting a disk into
    the cd drive then to the stakka but after that its nice and easy. Haven't
    had any problems with the disks getting scratched yet.

    Dave, May 25, 2005
  6. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Well, I got one and would have to say that thus far I am happy with it.
    In one fell swoop my office has been significantly tidied.

    The built in cataloging of the CD's seems to work well.
    Shit its light! I nearly threw it over my head with a bunch of discs in.

    - Tim

    Tim, May 26, 2005