    recommendations on reasonably durable disks?

    Thanks,
    Roguetech
    Roguetech, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Roguetech

    Joe S Guest

    Roguetech wrote:
    > I've just gotten a DVD burner and a load of Verbatim DVD+R 16x DVD's, but
    > am having problems with getting scratches. I treat my CD-Rs like crap and
    > only occasionaly have a problem, but have been real gentle with the DVDs
    > and I get errors from scratches that aren't even visible. Is this a problem
    > with DVD recordables in general, or did I pick crappy disks? Any
    > recommendations on reasonably durable disks?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Roguetech

    Are you just calling them scratches because they don't play right?

    Try burning at a lower speed. There's some trial and error involved with
    matching a burner to media to burn speed.

    Joe
    Joe S, Jan 8, 2005

  3. "Roguetech" <> wrote in message
    > I've just gotten a DVD burner and a load of Verbatim DVD+R 16x DVD's, but
    > am having problems with getting scratches. I treat my CD-Rs like crap and
    > only occasionaly have a problem, but have been real gentle with the DVDs
    > and I get errors from scratches that aren't even visible. Is this a
    > problem
    > with DVD recordables in general, or did I pick crappy disks? Any
    > recommendations on reasonably durable disks?

    16x is still pretty new. You might try burning at 8x or lower. I've had no
    problems at 8x, but that's the max for my drive.
    Patrick Michael, Jan 8, 2005