Venus transit

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Basiltoo, Jun 8, 2004.

  1. Basiltoo

    Basiltoo Guest

    Basiltoo, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Basiltoo

    Frank ess Guest

    Frank ess, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Basiltoo

    Ken Oaf Guest

    Ken Oaf, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Basiltoo

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Jim Townsend, Jun 9, 2004
  5. Jim Townsend wrote:

    > Ken Oaf wrote:
    >

    >>On 8 Jun 2004 15:36:18 GMT, Basiltoo <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>http://www.trevellan.fsnet.co.uk/transit.jpg

    >>It's upside down.

    > It all depends where you're standing at the time :)

    But how does one know it's not a billiards ball?

    --
    John McWilliams

    John P McWilliams, Jun 9, 2004
  6. Basiltoo

    Andrew Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 10:43:37 +1000, Ken Oaf <>
    wrote:

    >> http://www.trevellan.fsnet.co.uk/transit.jpg

    >It's upside down.

    Not as the OP is (probably) British, that is how the transit was seen
    in the UK.

    Andrew, Jun 9, 2004
  7. Basiltoo

    zorg Guest

    zorg, Jun 9, 2004
  8. Basiltoo

    zorg Guest

    zorg, Jun 9, 2004
  9. Basiltoo

    Basiltoo Guest

    ks (zorg) wrote in news:40c6a3d6.87021265
    @news.btopenworld.com:

    > I meant to mention this URL (other digital images of the transit)
    > submitted by members of the public.
    >
    > http://www.transit-of-venus.org.uk/public_images/otday.htm

    Thanks for that link.

    My crude image was obtained with no special equipment. It is a projected
    image using cheapo binoculars. It was not easy though, with the sun's
    midsummer altitude and a period of only a few minutes when the cloud
    partially cleared (Cornwall, UK).

    --
    Regards,
    Baz

    Basiltoo, Jun 9, 2004
  10. Basiltoo

    Ken Oaf Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 05:42:39 +0100, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost> wrote:

    > On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 10:43:37 +1000, Ken Oaf <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >> http://www.trevellan.fsnet.co.uk/transit.jpg

    > >It's upside down.

    > Not as the OP is (probably) British, that is how the transit was seen
    > in the UK.

    I'm basing my statement on what I saw in Sydney and what was published in the
    newspapers.

    BTW, you can see a view of the transit from down under in what I consider to be
    one of the best photos ever taken at:-

    http://www.smh.com.au/ftimages/2004/06/08/1086460288406.html

    Ken Oaf, Jun 9, 2004
  11. "Ken Oaf" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 05:42:39 +0100, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost> wrote:

    > > >It's upside down.

    > > Not as the OP is (probably) British, that is how the transit was seen
    > > in the UK.

    > I'm basing my statement on what I saw in Sydney and what was published in

    the
    > newspapers.

    Oh, right! So the picture isn't upside down, Australia is!

    Nicholas Bales, Jun 9, 2004