    I am running XP and my spec is above the minimum requirement. I played the
    demo but removed all traces of it from my pc manually from the registry.

    any help will be appreciated.
    Twitchy, Apr 20, 2008

  2. Twitchy

    thanatoid Guest

    "Twitchy" <> wrote in
    news:vHLOj.101971$2:

    > I've just bought this game for the pc and when I am loading
    > it I get this message right at the end of loading.
    >
    > Error Number: 0x80040702
    > Set up will now Terminate
    >
    > I am running XP and my spec is above the minimum
    > requirement. I played the demo but removed all traces of it
    > from my pc manually from the registry.
    >
    > any help will be appreciated.

    Errors like this usually indicate an incompatible OS or a badly
    written install program which doesn't install (or installs in
    the wrong place) a file it needs and then can't find. Or which
    somehow got corrupted during the install although that's rare.

    If you really BOUGHT it, there should be customer service and
    perhaps even forums. Also, you should be able to return as it
    will NOT work.

    Otherwise, try some of the gamez groups for help, or Google.

    --
    Of course, it is no easy matter to be polite; in so far, I mean,
    as it requires us to show great respect for everybody, whereas

    - Arthur Schopenhauer
    thanatoid, Apr 20, 2008

  3. Twitchy

    Twitchy Guest

    Thanks for your advice, straight round to pc world in the mornin

    Twitchy, Apr 20, 2008