    paul valenti Guest

    Can you have a VCR and a DVD hooked up to the
    same tv without any conflicts? Thanks.
    paul valenti, Apr 1, 2004

  2. paul valenti

    Justin Guest

    paul valenti wrote on [Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:08:13 GMT]:
    > Can you have a VCR and a DVD hooked up to the
    > same tv without any conflicts? Thanks.

    Yes.
    Justin, Apr 1, 2004

  3. paul valenti

    Will Dormann Guest

    paul valenti wrote:

    > Can you have a VCR and a DVD hooked up to the
    > same tv without any conflicts? Thanks.

    I can.

    -WD
    Will Dormann, Apr 1, 2004
  4. paul valenti

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "paul valenti" <> wrote in message
    > Can you have a VCR and a DVD hooked up to the
    > same tv without any conflicts? Thanks.

    Best to avoid running the DVD through the VCR - the Macrovision protection
    on discs will be revealed and you picture will suck appropriately.
    Jay Stewart, Apr 1, 2004
  5. paul valenti

    Mike Kohary Guest

    > Can you have a VCR and a DVD hooked up to the
    > same tv without any conflicts? Thanks.

    Yes, but they have to reside on different inputs. Usually you can't hook up
    a DVD player through the VCR, due to Macrovision protection.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, Apr 1, 2004
  6. "paul valenti" <> writes:
    >Can you have a VCR and a DVD hooked up to the
    >same tv without any conflicts? Thanks.

    Depends upon the TV. If all it has is an RF input,
    you'll need an RF modulator (the Radio Shack modulator will let
    one switch between composite video from the DVD and the RF out from
    your VCR).

    scott
    Scott Lurndal, Apr 2, 2004
  7. paul valenti

    Mark W Guest

    > Can you have a VCR and a DVD hooked up to the
    > same tv without any conflicts? Thanks.

    Sometimes conflicts occur when one member of your family wants to watch
    something on the VCR and another wants to watch a DVD.
    Mark W, Apr 2, 2004
  8. paul valenti

    Boris Guest

    I have a DVD and VCR hooked up to a TV. I can watch a movie from the DVD
    and record a TV station on the VCR at the same time - no problem at all.
    The set up is that the incoming cable goes to the VCR first and then to
    a 'compatibility's box, then to the TV. The DVD gets hooked up to the
    'compatibility's box. From this box a cable feeds the TV. It's really
    very simple. The drone at Best Buy actually told me how. The box is only
    $29.99. Once set up, you never touch it again, no switches.

    Boris, Apr 2, 2004
  9. paul valenti

    paul valenti Guest

    Thanks for all the advice, everyone.
    I have my tv hooked up to a cable
    box and a VCR. Does that make
    any difference?

    paul valenti, Apr 2, 2004
  10. >"paul valenti" <> wrote:
    >Can you have a VCR and a DVD hooked up to the
    >same tv without any conflicts? Thanks.

    Sure. You might have problems running the DVD player through the VCR,
    but my RCA VCR handles the situation just fine.
    Maureen Goldman, Apr 3, 2004
  11. paul valenti

    Duncan Idaho Guest

    "paul valenti" <> wrote in

    > Can you have a VCR and a DVD hooked up to the
    > same tv without any conflicts? Thanks.

    Technically speaking it is possible, but morally speaking, it isn't.

    DI
    Duncan Idaho, Apr 3, 2004
  12. paul valenti

    Justin Guest

    Duncan Idaho wrote on [Sat, 03 Apr 2004 04:57:02 GMT]:
    > "paul valenti" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Can you have a VCR and a DVD hooked up to the
    >> same tv without any conflicts? Thanks.

    > Technically speaking it is possible, but morally speaking, it isn't.

    Why would it be immoral?
    Justin, Apr 3, 2004