VCR Tapes To DVD Via PC ? Doable ? Or, ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Apr 23, 2005.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Just started wondering about the feasibility of transferring a load of old
    VCR tapes to
    DVD disks. Would like to ask the following:

    a. Have a new Dell PC with a DVD burner. Is it possible to feed the VCR
    output
    into the PC and have it record onto the DVD ? How ? Software required
    ?
    If doable, would the recording process be at the VCR's normal rate ?

    What other questions sjhould I be asking about this ?

    b. Have a feeling that (a) is probsably not practical.

    If so, might someone please recommend a VCR to DVD recorder that might
    not be
    too expensive (e.g $200 max, or so) ?

    Caveats in using, or doing this ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Apr 23, 2005

  2. Robert11

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    Robert11 took 26 lines to utter:

    >Hello:
    >
    >Just started wondering about the feasibility of transferring a load of old
    >VCR tapes to
    >DVD disks. Would like to ask the following:

    <snip>
    > If so, might someone please recommend a VCR to DVD recorder that might
    >not be too expensive (e.g $200 max, or so) ?

    At $199,99, it sounds like it's just the job for you:

    Bush DVRHS01 Recordable DVD and Nicam VCR Combi.
    http://www.dvworkshop.co.uk/Video/Video_Editing/VCR_to_DVD_Transfer/vcr_to_dvd_transfer.html

    Shorter link:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?R5D9162FA

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 23, 2005

  3. Robert11

    Aquanaut Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > Just started wondering about the feasibility of transferring a load of old
    > VCR tapes to
    > DVD disks. Would like to ask the following:
    >
    > a. Have a new Dell PC with a DVD burner. Is it possible to feed the VCR
    > output
    > into the PC and have it record onto the DVD ? How ? Software
    > required ?
    > If doable, would the recording process be at the VCR's normal rate ?
    >
    > What other questions sjhould I be asking about this ?
    >
    > b. Have a feeling that (a) is probsably not practical.
    >
    > If so, might someone please recommend a VCR to DVD recorder that might
    > not be
    > too expensive (e.g $200 max, or so) ?
    >
    > Caveats in using, or doing this ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    All that is required is a means of "inputing"the vcr to the computer,a basic
    tv card should suffice.
    With nero(software) there is nero vision,this will allow you to import from
    external devices (vcr) and then convert to dvd format.--job done

    Aquanaut, Apr 23, 2005
  4. Aquanaut" <> wrote in message

    > "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello:
    > >
    > > Just started wondering about the feasibility of transferring a load of

    old
    > > VCR tapes to
    > > DVD disks. Would like to ask the following:
    > >
    > > a. Have a new Dell PC with a DVD burner. Is it possible to feed the

    VCR
    > > output
    > > into the PC and have it record onto the DVD ? How ? Software
    > > required ?
    > > If doable, would the recording process be at the VCR's normal rate ?
    > >
    > > What other questions sjhould I be asking about this ?
    > >
    > > b. Have a feeling that (a) is probsably not practical.
    > >
    > > If so, might someone please recommend a VCR to DVD recorder that

    might
    > > not be
    > > too expensive (e.g $200 max, or so) ?
    > >
    > > Caveats in using, or doing this ?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Bob
    > >

    > All that is required is a means of "inputing"the vcr to the computer,a

    basic
    > tv card should suffice.
    > With nero(software) there is nero vision,this will allow you to import

    from
    > external devices (vcr) and then convert to dvd format.--job done

    GET ROXIO EASY DVD CREATOR
    I USE IT MYSELF

    tarsem ajimal, Apr 25, 2005