    back and reading posts.
    thanks
    piper

    Piper, Feb 10, 2006

  2. Piper

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Piper" <> wrote in
    news:yXZGf.9558$:

    > I asked a few days ago about the Dazzle software/hardware to transfer
    > my camcorder videos to my PC and I appreciated the answer I got.My
    > question now is is Dazzle the one I need or is there a better one out
    > there that is under a $100? I went to epinions and the reviews on it
    > are not good.I respect the opinions of this group because I have
    > learned alot just sitting back and reading posts.
    > thanks
    > piper

    Ask in
    rec.video.desktop

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Feb 10, 2006

  3. Piper

    Tony Guest

    "Piper" <> wrote in message
    >I asked a few days ago about the Dazzle software/hardware to transfer my
    > camcorder videos to my PC and I appreciated the answer I got.My question
    > now
    > is is Dazzle the one I need or is there a better one out there that is
    > under a $100? I went to epinions and the reviews on it are not good.I
    > respect the opinions of this group because I have learned alot just
    > sitting
    > back and reading posts.
    > thanks
    > piper

    If you just want to do straight copies without editing, I use a Leadtech
    PVR2000 to copy from the VCR to the hard drive (using the composite input)
    and then burn to a DVD using Nero. I copy MPEG2 at 352X576 which reduces
    the file size and means I can usually burn directly to DVD without any
    further file size reduction. End result is as good as the original video.

    I've done a few short home movies (no longer than 20 minutes) which I have
    edited in Pinnacles Studio 8 which came free with the firewire card I
    bought. results are acceptable although the end product wasn't as good as
    playing back from the camcorder - I'm still working on that!

    Tony, Feb 10, 2006
  4. Piper

    Piper Guest

    Thanks!

    "> Ask in

    Piper, Feb 10, 2006
  5. Piper wrote:
    > I asked a few days ago about the Dazzle software/hardware to transfer my
    > camcorder videos to my PC and I appreciated the answer I got.My question now
    > is is Dazzle the one I need or is there a better one out there that is
    > under a $100? I went to epinions and the reviews on it are not good.I
    > respect the opinions of this group because I have learned alot just sitting
    > back and reading posts.

    When you request info about video editing equipment and make a
    requirement that the hardware needs to less than $100, you are basically
    stating that you are (at least for now) a hopeless newbie and you are
    expecting to get $5,000 - $10,000 results for $75. Ain't gonna happen.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 11, 2006