    My query is , Why is this difference, is my DVD player sucks, or VCD player
    is too good, or Difference of Laser used in both the player
    --G

    George Kinley, Apr 6, 2004

  2. George Kinley

    Brian Guest

    "George Kinley" <> wrote:

    >Hi.
    >I have a DVD Player from Sony, When I play Video CD's (Home made), They work
    >fine for couple of run, later they behave to hang with Mosaic Patterns on
    >TV,
    >But they all work just fine on a old VCD Player from Akai.
    >My query is , Why is this difference, is my DVD player sucks, or VCD player
    >is too good, or Difference of Laser used in both the player
    >--G

    I have two DVD players and find that certain disks will only play in
    one of the DVD players. The more recent DVD players seem to play a
    wider range of disks.
    Check your Sony DVD player manual to find out if the DVD player is
    designed for playing VCD disks.
    It might also depend on the brand of CD you are using.
    I found that for some reason CD-RW played better than CD-R.

    Regards Brian

    Regards Brian

    Brian, Apr 6, 2004

  3. George Kinley

    Mike T Guest

    Not all DVD players will play VCD-R disks, check the DVD player files at
    this site for your Sony model http://www.dvdrhelp.com to see what others
    have experienced with your DVD player. Also try burning at a slower speed
    like 4X or 8X as VCD's have less error correction than a data disk, also try
    different brand of CD blanks.

    Mike T

    Mike T, Apr 6, 2004