    Any help would be appreciated.
    Please e-mail direct.
    Sir G

    SIR Gary G, Apr 15, 2004

  2. SIR Gary G

    Mike Davis Guest

    "SIR Gary G" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Maybe someone may have some idea about what is happening with some VCD's

    and my
    > computer. They play fine on every computer I try them on, except mine, yet

    > can get my computer to play another VCD sampler with no problem. On the

    sampler
    > it goes in, reads the .dat file and plays. When I put in the other VCD it

    finds
    > the .dat file and then gives me an error message saying the format is not
    > supported. I have tried media player as well as quite a few of the VCD

    players
    > I downloaded and all of them give me the same error message. Does anyone

    have
    > any idea why this is happening and what I need to do to get them to play

    on my
    > computer? Is there a codec missing? Am I missing a file needed to play

    them?
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Please e-mail direct.
    > Sir G

    Sir G,
    Here's how to get Media Player to play VCD's;
    With Media Player open go to the file menu and select the disc, you'll see
    from four to six folders on the VCD. Double click the MPEGAV folder. You
    won't see any files as the dialog box says at the bottom "Media files (all
    types.) Just drop down the menu to the bottom of the media files list and
    you'll see "Any file (*.*)." Once you do that you can see the file named
    AVSEQ01.DAT or MUSIC1.DAT (whatever it is doesn't really matter, it's the
    right file). Simply open that file and the VCD will play correctly in Media
    Player. All the best, Mike

    Mike Davis, Apr 16, 2004

  3. SIR Gary G

    SIR Gary G Guest

    >MUSIC1.DAT

    > Simply open that file and the VCD will play correctly in Media
    >Player.

    I have tried that with no luck. For some reason they will play in every other
    computer i have tried them on except mine and i cant figure out why.
    SG

    SIR Gary G, Apr 26, 2004