    I am having a problem playing VCDs on my DVD.
    The VCD are personal avi files burnt by Nero
    Michael
    michael, Jul 5, 2007

  2. michael

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    michael wrote:
    > I am having a problem playing VCDs on my DVD.
    > The VCD are personal avi files burnt by Nero
    > Michael

    Have you converted the AVI files to MPEG? Many DVD players will not
    play AVI files.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Jul 5, 2007

  3. On 2007-07-05, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, michael waxed eloquently:
    > I am having a problem playing VCDs on my DVD.
    > The VCD are personal avi files burnt by Nero
    > Michael

    What sort of problems are you having?
    Does your DVD player support VCD playback?
    Could you be a little more vague?
    Details are never necessary, since everyone here is clairvoyant.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    THE DAILY PLANET
    The Old Sourdough, Jul 5, 2007
  4. Hello,

    To add on to the others, some players are not compatible with CD-RW discs,
    if that is what you are using.

    --
    Singapore Website Design
    http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/

    SingaporeWebDesign, Jul 5, 2007
  5. michael

    michael Guest

    Thank you all.
    My DVD plays VCDs per its manual and I am not using a CD-RW.
    I create the VCDs using Nero's which transfers the avi files to mpeg files.
    I am sure the problem is not in creating the VCD.

    michael, Jul 5, 2007
  6. michael

    ded Guest

    "michael" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you all.
    > My DVD plays VCDs per its manual and I am not using a CD-RW.
    > I create the VCDs using Nero's which transfers the avi files to mpeg
    > files.
    > I am sure the problem is not in creating the VCD.

    You're confident you are not burning data disks and you are selecting for
    nero to burn as a VCD, and you are selecting correct standard - NTSC
    or PAL or Secam as required? The disk is finalised?
    The brand of blank disks, had problems with them before?
    Example if you were to burn an audio CD with same brand
    does that play?
    ded, Jul 5, 2007
  7. michael

    Budweiser Guest

    "SingaporeWebDesign" <> wrote in
    message news:f6ilq1$fni$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > To add on to the others, some players are not compatible with CD-RW discs,
    > if that is what you are using.
    >
    > --
    > Singapore Website Design
    > http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/
    > Singapore Web Hosting
    > http://www.bootstrike.com/WinXP/faq.html
    > Windows XP FAQ
    >
    > "michael" <> wrote in message
    >>I am having a problem playing VCDs on my DVD.
    >> The VCD are personal avi files burnt by Nero
    >> Michael

    To make it even more basic -- have you ever been able to play a vcd disc
    that either you have burnt or someone has lent you?
    Budweiser, Jul 6, 2007