    Win XP (home)
    --
    This space intentionally left blank.
    soup, May 24, 2006

  2. soup

    soup Guest

    soup wrote:
    > Had a look at drive=>properties =>autoplay but there is nothing there
    > to play VCDs how would I go about getting them to autoplay?
    >
    > Win XP (home)

    SP1 + all (applicable) hotfixes, haven't been brave enough yet to
    install SP2

    --
    This space intentionally left blank.
    soup, May 24, 2006

  3. soup

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 24 May 2006 13:28:37 +0000, soup wrote:

    > soup wrote:
    >> Had a look at drive=>properties =>autoplay but there is nothing there to
    >> play VCDs how would I go about getting them to autoplay?
    >>
    >> Win XP (home)

    > SP1 + all (applicable) hotfixes, haven't been brave enough yet to install
    > SP2

    Do you have a DVD player installed?

    Meat Plow, May 24, 2006
  4. soup

    soup Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > Do you have a DVD player installed?

    Yep, Interactual DVD player and Cyberlink's PowerDVD player. Also have
    a DVD player in Nero but I want the discs to autoplay, I do not want to
    have to flaff about launching Nero then telling it to play disc.

    --
    This space intentionally left blank.
    soup, May 24, 2006
  5. soup

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 24 May 2006 14:00:34 +0000, soup wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> Do you have a DVD player installed?

    > Yep, Interactual DVD player and Cyberlink's PowerDVD player. Also have a
    > DVD player in Nero but I want the discs to autoplay, I do not want to have
    > to flaff about launching Nero then telling it to play disc.

    So when you load the VCD, you get no dialog asking what action
    you want to take with the disc? Does the VCD have ab autorun.inf file in
    the root?

    http://www.videohelp.com/autorun.htm

    Meat Plow, May 24, 2006
  6. soup

    soup Guest

    soup wrote:
    > Meat Plow wrote:
    > > Do you have a DVD player installed?

    > Yep, Interactual DVD player and Cyberlink's PowerDVD player. Also
    > have a DVD player in Nero but I want the discs to autoplay, I do not
    > want to have to flaff about launching Nero then telling it to play
    > disc.

    Mmm seems nothing will autoplay have tried discs with just music files,
    no go, am wondering if there is a setting elsewhere to enable
    autoplaying beside the drive=>properties =>autoplay bit in my computer.
    --
    This space intentionally left blank.
    soup, May 24, 2006
  7. soup

    soup Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > So when you load the VCD, you get no dialog asking what action
    > you want to take with the disc?

    Nope no dialog.
    Seems this www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk/autoproblem.jpg is the problem
    (well the first part of the "symptoms") will have to have an attack of
    the braves and install SP2 as seemingly this has the hotfix, have it in
    my mind that these problems started when I uninstalled Real Player (to
    replace it with Real Alternative) now RP appears in my autoplay list but
    with no icon and although I will follow instructions to edit the
    registry do not feel confident enough to look myself for any mention of
    RP.
    Just as a side issue, during (minor) flaffing about with the system,
    was going to run repair but during this it asked for the administrators
    password it has never done this before how would I circumvent this or is
    there a default password I could use?

    --
    This space intentionally left blank.
    soup, May 24, 2006
  8. soup

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    soup wrote:
    > soup wrote:
    >> Meat Plow wrote:
    >>> Do you have a DVD player installed?

    >> Yep, Interactual DVD player and Cyberlink's PowerDVD player. Also
    >> have a DVD player in Nero but I want the discs to autoplay, I do not
    >> want to have to flaff about launching Nero then telling it to play
    >> disc.

    > Mmm seems nothing will autoplay have tried discs with just music files,
    > no go, am wondering if there is a setting elsewhere to enable
    > autoplaying beside the drive=>properties =>autoplay bit in my computer.

    Very simple.

    With the VCD in the drive explore the contents, and open the MPEGAV
    folder. Right Click on one of the DAT files, and choose Open With,
    then Choose Program. Select the program you want to use, then OK.
    Proving Auto Run is set to ON, the disc should now play automagically
    when inserted.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, May 25, 2006
  9. soup

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:51:27 +0000, soup wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> So when you load the VCD, you get no dialog asking what action you want
    >> to take with the disc?

    > Nope no dialog.
    > Seems this www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk/autoproblem.jpg is the problem
    > (well the first part of the "symptoms") will have to have an attack of the
    > braves and install SP2 as seemingly this has the hotfix, have it in my
    > mind that these problems started when I uninstalled Real Player (to
    > replace it with Real Alternative) now RP appears in my autoplay list but
    > with no icon and although I will follow instructions to edit the registry
    > do not feel confident enough to look myself for any mention of RP.
    > Just as a side issue, during (minor) flaffing about with the system,
    > was going to run repair but during this it asked for the administrators
    > password it has never done this before how would I circumvent this or is
    > there a default password I could use?

    Leave it blank.

    Meat Plow, May 25, 2006
  10. soup

    soup Guest

    Oldus Fartus wrote:
    > With the VCD in the drive explore the contents, and open the MPEGAV
    > folder. Right Click on one of the DAT files, and choose Open With,
    > then Choose Program. Select the program you want to use, then OK.
    > Proving Auto Run is set to ON, the disc should now play automagically
    > when inserted.

    Mmm, doesn't work for me, ah well not too much of a bind to say"this is
    a VCD will have to launch Nero first.

    --
    This space intentionally left blank.
    soup, May 25, 2006
  11. soup

    soup Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > Does the VCD have ab autorun.inf file
    > in the root?
    > http://www.videohelp.com/autorun.htm

    The couple of VCDs I have do not have an autorun file, shall be sure to
    include that file in any future ones have ran a aotuplay repair
    programme so can autoplay all other discs shall just have to remember
    with these two that they don't autoplay and I have to launch Nero first.

    --
    This space intentionally left blank.
    soup, May 25, 2006
  12. soup

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 25 May 2006 12:42:34 +0000, soup wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> Does the VCD have ab autorun.inf file in the root?
    >> http://www.videohelp.com/autorun.htm

    > The couple of VCDs I have do not have an autorun file, shall be sure to
    > include that file in any future ones have ran a aotuplay repair programme
    > so can autoplay all other discs shall just have to remember with these two
    > that they don't autoplay and I have to launch Nero first.

    Maybe now when you insert a disc with the autorun information you can
    reassociate it with your video player.

    Meat Plow, May 25, 2006