VC++ Certification

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Upendra, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Upendra

    Upendra Guest

    Hi,

    I have been working on VC++ 6.0 for the past 4 years
    developing softwares. I, however, have not worked with
    VC++.NET.

    If I have to get myself certified, how do I go about it.
    Are there any VC++ specific MCSD certifications or they
    include some other languages as well?

    And is it necessary to have worked on .NET before
    undertaking any of the exams?

    What sort of books do I refer as far as certifications are
    concerned?

    Thanks in advance.

    Cheers,
    Ups

    Upendra, Feb 19, 2004

  2. At the moment Microsoft doesn't conduct exams on C++ track for .net.
    Hopefully there will be an exam in the future.
    But I am sure C# would be an ideal challenge for a VC++ developer.

    Manoj Matchado, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Upendra

    Travis Owens Guest

    re: VC++ certification, get C# instead

    I also agree, just get certified with C# as it's 99% the
    same. And at least you won't have questions about
    pointers or disposing objects in your C# tests (a
    headache C++ developers suffer from)

    Travis Owens, Feb 23, 2004