VC++6.0 - Assembly?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by shanmuga raja, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Will VC++6.0 promgrammers in future will be like Assembly programmer today? is that good or bad?

    shanmuga raja, Aug 6, 2003

  2. No - VC++6 developers will phase out like VB6ers.

    However, VC++7, or whatever version is the current, will remain strong.

    It's a misconception that the latest edition of C++ does not support all
    VC++6 did. In fact, it has been upgraded to include additional features and
    newer ATL/MFC libraries for COM-based development.

    Assembly and C/C++ will never go away. We always need to ability of
    lower-level programming.

    Hope that helps.

    Davin Mickelson

    Davin Mickelson, Aug 6, 2003

  3. shanmuga raja

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Absolutely.

    Kline Sphere, Aug 6, 2003
  4. 1. Systems programmers, (those who work for Microsoft, IBM, Sun, Oracle, and
    those who I am ashamed to say bu eh. open something. or Lin whatever x
    guys) will continue to use C++, for some time.
    2. Application programmers, (aka those who do not develop system software,
    database systems, firewalls etc those who develop financial software web
    apps) will be using languages like C# and Java more and more. There will be
    more and more NEW projects using C# and Java, and C++ will be used only for
    maintaning legacy business applications, and when the time comes there will
    be rumors of MFC, C++ COM programmers kept alive in case a 10 year old
    business application breaks.
    3. This is good for businesses. We are solving more business problems using
    software, but less software problems using software everyday.
    4. This is bad for application programmers, because the joy of coding will
    disappear each day, and we are going to be much more like robots in assembly
    lines producing cars from parts.

    Ertugrul Uysal, Aug 8, 2003
  5. shanmuga raja

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >C++ will be used only for
    >maintaning legacy business applications,

    Maybe in your world, or rather the Microsoft world, but it need not be
    the case for every other company.

    Kline Sphere, Aug 8, 2003