    Can someone explain what is the difference between
    developing VB in NTFS and developing VB in COM+.

    Thanks.
    Pills, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Pills

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Keep taking them....

    Kline Sphere, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Pills

    Jaime Guest

    omg you are so funny, I'm laughing so hard, lol

    Jaime, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Pills

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Seeing many of the posts in this group really makes me laugh, and
    helps me believe I do have a job for life.

    On the overhand I'm very relieved it is not as easy to become a Doctor
    as it is to become an 'IT professional'. If it were, the thought of
    all those "Dr Nick's" 'cutting loose' would scare the life out of me!

    Kline Sphere, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Pills

    Jaime Guest

    I hear ya and agree.

    Jaime, Oct 17, 2003
  6. Pills

    Pills Guest

    Whats so funny man... when i do not know i should
    ask.....thats how lerning is.....teach me....or do not
    laugh...i am so hurt...
    i am new to IT...and would like to learn some stufff......

    Pills, Oct 17, 2003
  7. Pills

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Maybe you had read the contents of your original post before you hit
    that send button..

    Kline Sphere, Oct 17, 2003
  8. What's funny is that you want to know about developing in VB using NTFS.
    Everyone knows you should develop in VB using FAT.

    General Protection Fault, Oct 17, 2003
  9. Pills

    Guest Guest

    I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume that you are wanting
    to know the basic difference between developing a standard COM component,
    which is simply registered on a workstation or NT server, and a COM+
    component, which is hosted by Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS). NTFS
    stands for NT File System. Go to http://msdn.microsoft.com and lookup the
    topic of MTS.

    Guest, Oct 18, 2003
  10. Pills

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >What's funny is that you want to know about developing in VB using NTFS.
    >Everyone knows you should develop in VB using FAT.

    Is that FAT16 or FAT32?
    Kline Sphere, Oct 18, 2003
  11. Pills

    Jaime Guest

    Depends on how much you eat.

    Jaime, Oct 18, 2003
  12. Pills

    Pills Guest

    Hey, This was a q asked by one of the managers in No.1
    company. So do you think they are dumb too?

    Pills, Oct 19, 2003
  13. Pills

    Pills Guest

    Thank you.....

    Pills, Oct 19, 2003
  14. Pills

    Jaime Guest

    Oh no managers and sales people totally know what's going on.

    Jaime, Oct 19, 2003
  15. Pills

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I reckon he/she was just taking the piss, and is right now having a
    jolly good chuckle to themselves.

    If not, it's another sad day for IT.

    Kline Sphere, Oct 19, 2003
  16. Pills

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Oh no managers and sales people totally know what's going on.

    Too right. Don't people read the technical articles and watch the
    documentaries on TV entitled 'Dilbert'?
    Kline Sphere, Oct 19, 2003
  17. Kline Sphere wrote:
    >> What's funny is that you want to know about developing in VB using
    >> NTFS. Everyone knows you should develop in VB using FAT.

    > Is that FAT16 or FAT32?

    Let's don't be silly. Everyone knows that FAT stands for Frisbees Are
    Terrific!

    --
    Fris "Not That Frisbees Suck" beeĀ® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 19, 2003
  18. Pills

    Pills Guest

    May be it you....duffer amongst all......

    Somebody (WKidd) gave an excellant answer and you still
    confined to your opinion....

    Have broad mind buddy.... Like me if you do not know, ask
    people....

    Lots of people are happy to help....

    Good luck.....

    Pills, Oct 20, 2003
  19. Pills

    Kline Sphere Guest

    You have totally missed the point!

    Your question was nonsense. As I said before, maybe you should read
    your original post before you sent it.

    Kline Sphere, Oct 20, 2003
  20. A "No. 1 company"? On what scale?

    Being knowledgable is never a requirement for being a manager. In fact,
    it's often a disqualifying characteristic.

    General Protection Fault, Oct 20, 2003