    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Diane
    =?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmU=?=, Jan 21, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmU=?=

    Peter Row Guest

    Hi,

    This is likely to start a flame war.
    But for what it's worth I use to program mainly in VB6 and then in VB.NET.
    However after a while I found that I just liked the C# syntax better and
    switched
    to using that and since I switched I hate going back to VB (any version).

    Oh and I am also studying for an MCSD.NET. I am doing my exams in C#
    And so far I've passed the Win Apps in C# one - 70-316. Now I've started
    studying for the Web apps in C# one - 70-315.

    Bye,
    Peter

    Peter Row, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Thank you for the information. If I am going to put in the effort to do
    this, I want to make a good decision as to the path I take. I appreciate all
    input!!

    Regards (and Good luck),
    Diane

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmU=?=, Jan 21, 2006
  4. Outside of oil and gas engineering firms and GIS type firms etc.

    C# is overwelemingly the primary syntax to use which is something to
    consider when looking for a job and the interviewer asks about C# skills.

    I personally like VB.NET better but the differences are not radical enough
    in my mind to really have a strong view on it from a personal desire
    standpoint.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=, Jan 21, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmU=?=

    Egghead Guest

    If you look at the MSDN latest, M$ seems lean back to VB.
    It looks like C# with follow the J++ faith :'(
    Egghead

    Egghead, Jan 22, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmU=?=

    Lydon Bergin Guest

    > If you look at the MSDN latest, M$ seems lean back to VB.
    > It looks like C# with follow the J++ faith :'(
    > Egghead

    I think Microsoft's perfect scenario would be 50% of people using VB and 50%
    of people using C#. Since C# is primarily the .NET language of choice
    (seems like it is overwhelmingly to me) I think that Microsoft has been
    pushing VB more as of late, especially in the 2005 release. I don't think
    it means that they are going to get rid of C# (They couldn't, there's
    already A LOT of code out there) they just want to try and catch VB up to
    C#.

    As far as job searching goes... it seems like you will get a lot farther
    with C# than with VB.

    Lydon D. Bergin
    MCP, MOS
    Lydon Bergin, Jan 23, 2006
  7. Thanks for the input!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmU=?=, Jan 23, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmU=?=

    kc Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:43:20 -0700, "Egghead"
    <> wrote:

    >If you look at the MSDN latest, M$ seems lean back to VB.
    >It looks like C# with follow the J++ faith :'(
    >Egghead

    I remember reading a blog from an MSDN person late last year. It said
    that a Microsoft survey found that if an article has examples in C#
    only, then not many VB.NET programmers would look at it. On the other
    hand, if the article has examples in VB.NET only, then a larger
    percentage of C# programmers would still read it. That's why they
    decided to favor VB.NET examples. I guess they are just catering to
    the lowest denominator.
    kc, Jan 24, 2006