    I am a bit overwhelmed with this idea. Can someone
    please explain to me what exactly is MCP 70-035 exam is
    all about?
    Jack, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Jack

    hadi Guest

    Hi Jack,

    A certification book will give you a broad view about which
    specific areas that you need to know before taking an exam.
    Yes, the cert book will not going to delve thoroughly
    inside a language because it will consist of
    hundred-thousand papers.

    If you think the cert book can not explain enough about a
    concept, obviously you need to pick different books in
    order to complement the cert book and give you a different
    point of view about a knowledge. So it should be you,
    yourself, that will judge whether a book should be enough
    based on your current knowledge or some books need to
    complement it.

    Remember that the MCP test is only test a subset of your
    knowledge, while in the real world practice, you will be
    pressured in using your 100% knowledge in solving a problem.

    I will share my own experience. Before reading through cert
    books (70-315), i started my reading with C# introduction
    book, and then ASP.NET book and finally ADO.NET book. I
    have read more than 10 books, with some JavaScript book,
    DHTML book and CSS in order to complement my knowledge
    about web technology. And believe me, it's still not
    enough, because when i read the cert books, i need to read
    through MSDN in order to know about deployment, testing,
    debugging, Web Service, Component etc. so you can conclude
    how many knowledge that you need to fill it up in order to
    pass just a single certification. finally i am very
    grateful that all my hardwork are paid with 90.5% passing
    score of my first MCP (70-315) :)

    hope it will give you some insight about it. and let me
    know should you need to clear up something.. btw, is the
    code correct (70-035) ?

    Rgrds,
    hadi

    hadi, Dec 15, 2004

  3. Jack

    hadi, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Hi Jack,

    "Certification" books are generally written as "review" guides for those who
    already have knowledge and on-the-job experience in the skills being
    measured by the exams. If you're starting from scratch to learn a language
    and the .NET framework then you'd probably want a different type of book.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Dec 16, 2004
  5. Jack

    Guest Guest

    how about vb.net for beginners by wrox press.

    Guest, Dec 17, 2004
  6. Jack

    Sean Guest

    very good advice becuase I started with just a cert book, tried to do the
    questions and thought I was going to explode. Only after getting many more
    books is the whole thing starting to make sense.

    I know they said they made the .net exams harder then in the past but I
    gotta say this stuff is like studying for the Bar exam or medical school.
    Greenies like me should either plan for an infinite time table or just punt
    on even trying. I would quit myself had I not already invested a huge amount
    of time.

    I made a 511 on my first test, I am studying all 3 exams at the same time
    and feel I could make a 511 on each of them...but getting to 700 I feel from
    taking these practice exams which pull questions from mars that I got a long
    way to go.

    What book talks about doing ' TODO: comment in code so comments will show up
    in the task list? a question on one of my practice exams

    Sean, Jan 1, 2005