    Becuase there are 49000 (as Microsoft says) worldwide acheiver of VB 6.0
    Anyway, lets see and wait for July.
    Kashif -MCSD,MCSD.NET,MCAD, MCP

    Kashif-MCSD, May 23, 2004

  2. >Microsoft is going to retire Visual Basic 6.0 in July may be 29 of July.

    yes

    >It means VB 6.0 Certification is goin to be expired.

    no

    >I think Microsoft should consider upon the policy the follow about VB.

    what policy should that be?

    >Becuase there are 49000 (as Microsoft says) worldwide acheiver of VB 6.0
    >Anyway, lets see and wait for July.

    maybe they should do the same with wossa and winarch exams too!!!

    At the end of the day microsoft are a company whose aim is to make
    money by selling software. There is very little to be gained by them
    in promoting software which was first released almost six years ago,
    an eternity in the IT timescale.

    In any case, people have had five years in which to become certified
    on the vs98 track. If they have chosen not to do so until the eleventh
    hour, well look what happened to the Unicorns...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 23, 2004

  3. In news: ,
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> wrote:
    >> Microsoft is going to retire Visual Basic 6.0 in July may be 29 of
    >> It means VB 6.0 Certification is goin to be expired.

    > no

    To go a little further, here's an article about this issue: "Microsoft
    Revamps Its IT Certification Program to Meet Customer Needs"
    (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2001/Oct01/10-11MCPUpdatesPR.asp).

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, May 23, 2004
  4. Kashif-MCSD

    Andre Guest

    >Microsoft is going to retire Visual Basic 6.0 in July

    may be 29 of July.

    I thought the exam was going to be retired on June 30th?

    >It means VB 6.0 Certification is goin to be expired.

    No

    Andre, MCP

    Andre, May 24, 2004
  5. In news: 115fa01c441b0$0915f520$,
    Andre <> wrote:
    >> Microsoft is going to retire Visual Basic 6.0 in July may be 29 of
    >> July.

    > I thought the exam was going to be retired on June 30th?
    >
    >> It means VB 6.0 Certification is goin to be expired. No

    > Andre, MCP

    Hi Andre,

    You're right.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.asp:

    "After June 30, 2004, these exams will no longer be offered ....."

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, May 25, 2004