Varies problems...(eg :" the mouse lost it's "right-click" function")

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Black Tractor, May 1, 2005.

  1. Hi there..

    A friend of me is having these problems in his PC.. pretty complicated..l
    try my best to list them down one by one

    (i) Some files in "system32" look like "corrupted"
    -Whenver his PC is boot up, a "window" will pop up and said there's some
    error in some files resided in "system32" directory

    I understand that "system 32" 's files are critical as they are essential in
    boot up a PC, is it true ?

    I tried to do a "scandisk" to see if it's able to "repair" or "fix" these
    problematic files but it brought me to another problem listed in (ii)

    (ii) the mouse lost it's "right-click" function
    - I noticed that I'm not able to do a "right-click" using the mouse, thus
    it's hopeless (l did try to access the "scandisk" function using alternate
    methods, however it fail!!)

    - If, after changing a new mouse and the problem still remain, does that
    mean my friend should reformat his whole system (l find it too drastically)

    (iii) Poor defence against "intrusions"
    - My friend is using "Mcafee" virus scan and "Ad-ware" spyware remover .

    It seems that both mentioned software failed to eliminate the viruses and
    other "aliens" resided uninvited to his PC.

    Once, l was told that if a system is being reformatted, it's advisable NOT
    TO USE THE SAME VIRUS SCAN and SPYWARE REMOVER programs as this will make
    the system prone to these "scourges" again

    I thought of using "AVG" virus scan and "CCleaner" once after reformat his
    PC (if there's a need to do so)..any comments and guidance would be greatly
    appreciated..

    Have a nice week ahead
    BT

    Black Tractor, May 1, 2005

  2. Black Tractor

    WormWood Guest

    This friend...<eg>...does he know what os he's using, the full text of
    the error messages? that would help in finding the solution to your
    problems.

    WormWood, May 1, 2005

  3. Black Tractor

    °Mike° Guest

    <Inline>

    In <d51qgg$5mt$>,
    Black Tractor took 42 lines to utter:

    >Hi there..
    >
    >A friend of me is having these problems in his PC.. pretty complicated..l
    >try my best to list them down one by one
    >
    >(i) Some files in "system32" look like "corrupted"
    >-Whenver his PC is boot up, a "window" will pop up and said there's some
    >error in some files resided in "system32" directory
    >
    >I understand that "system 32" 's files are critical as they are essential in
    >boot up a PC, is it true ?

    Yes.

    >I tried to do a "scandisk" to see if it's able to "repair" or "fix" these
    >problematic files but it brought me to another problem listed in (ii)

    Use the system file checker:

    Start ... Run ... sfc /scannow

    >(ii) the mouse lost it's "right-click" function
    >- I noticed that I'm not able to do a "right-click" using the mouse, thus
    >it's hopeless (l did try to access the "scandisk" function using alternate
    >methods, however it fail!!)
    >
    >- If, after changing a new mouse and the problem still remain, does that
    >mean my friend should reformat his whole system (l find it too drastically)

    You should see my reply to (iii) first.

    >(iii) Poor defence against "intrusions"
    >- My friend is using "Mcafee" virus scan and "Ad-ware" spyware remover .
    >
    >It seems that both mentioned software failed to eliminate the viruses and
    >other "aliens" resided uninvited to his PC.
    >
    >Once, l was told that if a system is being reformatted, it's advisable NOT
    >TO USE THE SAME VIRUS SCAN and SPYWARE REMOVER programs as this will make
    >the system prone to these "scourges" again
    >
    >I thought of using "AVG" virus scan and "CCleaner" once after reformat his
    >PC (if there's a need to do so)..any comments and guidance would be greatly
    >appreciated..

    AVG would NOT be your best avenue; it's is a weak solution.
    Use AT LEAST two online scanners first, and then install the
    trial of Kaspersky.

    Online Antivirus scanners:

    Install the trial of Kaspersky, AND UPDATE IT.
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 1, 2005