    for all?

    .....Could this be related to McAfee firewall or E-mail monitoring?

    Thanks in advance for any insights

    Frank B., Jan 9, 2005

  2. Frank B.

    Thor Guest

    "Frank B." <> wrote in message
    news:YkdEd.6218$...
    > I just began using a new PC (XP) and after I entered around 15 sites in
    > "My Favorites" I turned computer off and came back later to find most of
    > Favorites had been deleted. Later they mysteriously returned again.
    > E-mail messages have ALSO been disappearing from inbox. Are these two
    > problems related? I am going to use the "Restore" system tomorrow when
    > the settings have updated. If I use "Restore" once, will this fix the
    > problem once and for all?

    system restore doesn't bring back favorites or emails that have been
    deleted. However it may fix whatever issue is causing them to be deleted, or
    not displaying. If the favorites "came back" once like you say, then it
    could be an issue with user accounts not loading in properly. Also, if you
    have multiple user accounts on that machine, and you do not log in under the
    same account every time, you cannot expect all your settings and favorites,
    emails, etc to be there. If email is disappearing, try turning off the email
    protection in your antivirus software. That feature is well known to cause
    problems like disappearing emails.

    Thor, Jan 9, 2005

  3. Frank B.

    Frank B. Guest