    --
    -------------------------------
    Patrick D. Rockwell
    Patrick D. Rockwell, May 16, 2004

  2. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Elco Guest

    "Patrick D. Rockwell" schreef in bericht ...

    > I use Internet Explorer and I've noticed that some web pages are listed in
    > my bookmark list with icons, and some aren't. Lately, I've noticed that
    > every now
    > and then, when I load up my browser, the icons would be gone, and I'd have
    > to delete the URL's and re-load them to get the icons back. But now, I

    can't
    > get them back at all. What has caused the bookmark icons to be so
    > undependable, and then to suddenly not be there anymore? Do I have too

    much

    see http://www.favicon.com/index.jsp?id=Internet Explorer#3-4

    --
    grtz......Elco
    Elco, May 16, 2004

  3. Patrick D. Rockwell

    el duderino Guest

    I posted this last week, a lovely little program that will find all those
    Icons for you and show the dead links in there; &FREE whoopeee

    "This is pretty cool, not only does it check the link it also downloads any
    little avatar/icon for the sight, giving you a nice visual cue to your
    favourites
    Download it free here http://digilander.libero.it/rareware/favorg.zip
    HTH, Andy"

    el duderino, May 16, 2004
  4. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Elco Guest

    "el duderino" schreef in bericht ...
    > I posted this last week, a lovely little program that will find all those
    > Icons for you and show the dead links in there; &FREE whoopeee
    >

    > "This is pretty cool, not only does it check the link it also downloads

    any
    > little avatar/icon for the sight, giving you a nice visual cue to your
    > favourites
    > Download it free here http://digilander.libero.it/rareware/favorg.zip
    > HTH, Andy"
    >
    > "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    > > I use Internet Explorer and I've noticed that some web pages are listed

    in
    > > my bookmark list with icons, and some aren't. Lately, I've noticed that
    > > every now
    > > and then, when I load up my browser, the icons would be gone, and I'd

    have
    > > to delete the URL's and re-load them to get the icons back. But now, I

    > can't
    > > get them back at all. What has caused the bookmark icons to be so
    > > undependable, and then to suddenly not be there anymore? Do I have too

    > much
    > > junk
    > > in my registry? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > --
    > > -------------------------------
    > > Patrick D. Rockwell

    Thanks for that one....nice.....
    --
    grtz......Elco
    Elco, May 16, 2004
  5. Patrick D. Rockwell

    el duderino Guest

    Welcome :)

    el duderino, May 16, 2004
  6. "Elco" <> wrote in message

    > "Patrick D. Rockwell" schreef in bericht ...
    >
    > > I use Internet Explorer and I've noticed that some web pages are listed

    in
    > > my bookmark list with icons, and some aren't. Lately, I've noticed that
    > > every now
    > > and then, when I load up my browser, the icons would be gone, and I'd

    have
    > > to delete the URL's and re-load them to get the icons back. But now, I

    > can't
    > > get them back at all. What has caused the bookmark icons to be so
    > > undependable, and then to suddenly not be there anymore? Do I have too

    > much
    > > junk
    > > in my registry? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > --
    > > -------------------------------
    > > Patrick D. Rockwell

    > see http://www.favicon.com/index.jsp?id=Internet Explorer#3-4

    Thanks. I tried one of the answers on this page, and it's working.
    Originally, when this started happening, I just deleted and re-added each
    affected entry
    from my favorites menu, one-by-one. Then, I discovered that I could create a
    directory (which I'd call "A") and when my icons would disappear, I'd copy
    the
    affected bookmarks into "A", then re-load my browser. That solution was
    simpler, but it could still be tedious and time consuming.

    Say, do you know what causes this problem?

    --
    -------------------------------
    Patrick D. Rockwell
    Patrick D. Rockwell, May 16, 2004
  7. Patrick D. Rockwell

    > "Elco" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Patrick D. Rockwell" schreef in bericht ...
    > >
    > > > I use Internet Explorer and I've noticed that some web pages are

    listed
    > in
    > > > my bookmark list with icons, and some aren't. Lately, I've noticed

    that
    > > > every now
    > > > and then, when I load up my browser, the icons would be gone, and I'd

    > have
    > > > to delete the URL's and re-load them to get the icons back. But now, I

    > > can't
    > > > get them back at all. What has caused the bookmark icons to be so
    > > > undependable, and then to suddenly not be there anymore? Do I have too

    > > much
    > > > junk
    > > > in my registry? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > -------------------------------
    > > > Patrick D. Rockwell

    > > see http://www.favicon.com/index.jsp?id=Internet Explorer#3-4
    > >

    > Thanks. I tried one of the answers on this page, and it's working.
    > Originally, when this started happening, I just deleted and re-added each
    > affected entry
    > from my favorites menu, one-by-one. Then, I discovered that I could create

    > directory (which I'd call "A") and when my icons would disappear, I'd copy
    > the
    > affected bookmarks into "A", then re-load my browser. That solution was
    > simpler, but it could still be tedious and time consuming.
    >
    > Say, do you know what causes this problem?

    It's standard behavior of IE.......
    I think the responsable programmer is still on leave......
    Found also this(with some help from el duderino)....

    grtz......Elco
    Elco, May 16, 2004