    Owl Jolson Guest

    A buddy told me that there are absolutely NO extras on the DVD, just the
    movie. Is this true?

    Owl Jolson, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Owl Jolson

    TB Guest

    "Owl Jolson" wrote:

    > A buddy told me that there are absolutely NO extras on the DVD, just the
    > movie. Is this true?

    There's a decent amount of extras including a commentary track and several
    short features about making the movie including some deleted scenes and a
    preview version of the XBox game.

    T.B.

    TB, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Owl Jolson

    Guest

    "Owl Jolson" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > A buddy told me that there are absolutely NO extras on the DVD, just the
    > movie. Is this true?

    There may not be extras on the copy he downloaded and is burning for you.

    But the retail edition will have extras :)

    Bonus Materials
    Explore Dracula's Castle
    Bloopers
    Bringing the Monsters to Life
    You Are in the Movie!
    The Legend of Van Helsing
    Feature Commentaries
    Feature Commentary With Director Stephen Sommers & Editor/Producer Bob Ducsay
    Feature Commentary With Richard Roxburgh, Shuler Hensley & Will Kemp
    Trailers
    Van Helsing Trailer
    Super Bowl Spot
    Van Helsing Xbox™ Game
    Shrek 2 Preview
    DVD-ROM
    DVD Credits

    Your friend is a filthy liar!

    , Oct 19, 2004
  4. Owl Jolson

    Owl Jolson Guest

    Thank you for the info but 'nobody' is burning a copy for me. If I want a
    copy, I'll burn it myself.

    My friend got this info from someone else. Evidently this person's copy had
    no extras. I know that this is sometimes done to conserve space.

    Owl Jolson, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Owl Jolson

    Sarah B Guest

    in article , Owl Jolson at
    wrote on 10/18/04 11:50 PM:

    > A buddy told me that there are absolutely NO extras on the DVD, just the
    > movie. Is this true?

    Hi Owl,

    No, it's not true. I watched it last night and there are a handful of
    extras, including 2 sets of commentaries, a short doc on the special effects
    (pretty good), a sort of doc about the character Van Helsing (cute, but
    really more about Hugh Jackman), a little segment where they put tiny
    cameras on the set to film the movie as it was being made and then showed us
    the results (mildly interesting, but ultimately I thought kind of pointless
    since we're not shown anything great - just the actors walking around saying
    their lines), and a blooper reel (easily the best thing about the extras,
    IMO. If Van Helsing had a quarter of Hugh Jackman's sense of humor the movie
    might have done better).

    The only thing that really annoyed me was the menu set-up, in which the
    options flicker like old-time movies. Makes it kind of hard to read.

    Sarah B.

    Sarah B, Oct 20, 2004