Van Helsing DVD - no insert inside and 1-DVD vs. 3-DVD edition?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Rick, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Rick

    Rick Guest

    I bought Van Helsing (single DVD edition) and there was no paper
    insert inside. Did Universal not make an insert for this movie?

    I know a lot of studios are trying to save a few pennies by doing
    this, but since most DVDs I buy still have inserts, without asking I
    never know if no insert was produced or they simply forgot to include
    mine (which has happened a couple times).

    Is there an up-to-date web database of which DVDs are insert-less?

    By the way, I couldn't find any online reviews of the Van Helsing
    3-DVD edition through DVD-Basen (even though it's a moot point as I've
    opened my single DVD edition now). It sounded like the 3 DVD edition
    was the same first DVD, a handful of extras on DVD 2 not included on
    Best Buy's bonus DVD, plus a 3rd DVD with 3 old B&W monster movies.
    Anyone know of detailed feature comparison between the editions?

    Thanks.

    Rick, Oct 20, 2004

  2. You got it about right.

    The extras on disc 2 are:

    Explore Frankenstein's Lab
    Explore Frankenstein's Lab through a groundbreaking 360 degree self-guided
    tour that lets you discover the secrets not shown in theaters.
    Van Helsing: The Story, The Life, The Legend
    An in-depth look at each of the film's characters, original set designs,
    Industrial Light & Magic effects work and more.
    Track The Adventure: Van Helsing Map
    The secrets behind each fantastic set are revealed via an interactive map
    The Music Of Van Helsing
    Dracula's Lair Is Transformed
    Time-lapse photography captures the transformation of Dracula's Coffin Room

    I think the "Explore Frankenstein's Lab" extra may be the same thing that's
    on the Best Buy bonus disc. I haven''t compared the two yet.

    Brandon Fisher, Oct 21, 2004