Value of MCSE and MCSA in IT market?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBILg==?=, Jun 22, 2007.

  1. Hi All,

    I am a HK people and also a network engineer with around 7 years related
    experience. I plan to take MCSE in next month.

    For my topic: -

    In my country, the cert of MCSE and MCSA have a low value in the market.
    Those are similar as a school certificates. You don't expect those can add-on
    values on yours, such as salary, job changes.

    In my opinion, the major reason is our engineers are not similar as USA or
    India. Some holders do not have much working experience or fresh graudation
    in universities.

    Because they don't have experience to support the certificate. They only can
    apply helpdesk support or technican only. You know, the salary is around
    HK$6000 - 8000. But, you don't forget they hold the MCSE certificate.

    I sometime have confuse that do I still get the certificate. Surely, my
    purpose is using the certificate to prove my skill. But, you know, you still
    pay the cost on training course, books, exam fee etc. And it may not have
    return on your career.

    Hey, how is your country? What is the value of the certs in your country?

    Jeff H. (MCSA, BBA, MSc)
    Technical Consultant

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBILg==?=, Jun 22, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBILg==?=

    kpg Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBILg==?= <Jeff > wrote in

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am a HK people and also a network engineer with around 7 years
    > related experience. I plan to take MCSE in next month.
    >
    > For my topic: -
    >
    > In my country, the cert of MCSE and MCSA have a low value in the
    > market. Those are similar as a school certificates. You don't expect
    > those can add-on values on yours, such as salary, job changes.
    >
    > In my opinion, the major reason is our engineers are not similar as
    > USA or India. Some holders do not have much working experience or
    > fresh graudation in universities.
    >
    > Because they don't have experience to support the certificate. They
    > only can apply helpdesk support or technican only. You know, the
    > salary is around HK$6000 - 8000. But, you don't forget they hold the
    > MCSE certificate.
    >
    > I sometime have confuse that do I still get the certificate. Surely,
    > my purpose is using the certificate to prove my skill. But, you know,
    > you still pay the cost on training course, books, exam fee etc. And it
    > may not have return on your career.
    >
    > Hey, how is your country? What is the value of the certs in your
    > country?
    >
    > Jeff H. (MCSA, BBA, MSc)
    > Technical Consultant

    Pretty much the same as in yours. Do not be confuse.

    kpg, Jun 22, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBILg==?=

    Micro Guest

    On Jun 22, 10:49 am, Jeff H. <Jeff >
    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am a HK people and also a network engineer with around 7 years related
    > experience. I plan to take MCSE in next month.
    >
    > For my topic: -
    >
    > In my country, the cert of MCSE and MCSA have a low value in the market.
    > Those are similar as a school certificates. You don't expect those can add-on
    > values on yours, such as salary, job changes.
    >
    > In my opinion, the major reason is our engineers are not similar as USA or
    > India. Some holders do not have much working experience or fresh graudation
    > in universities.
    >
    > Because they don't have experience to support the certificate. They only can
    > apply helpdesk support or technican only. You know, the salary is around
    > HK$6000 - 8000. But, you don't forget they hold the MCSE certificate.
    >
    > I sometime have confuse that do I still get the certificate. Surely, my
    > purpose is using the certificate to prove my skill. But, you know, you still
    > pay the cost on training course, books, exam fee etc. And it may not have
    > return on your career.
    >
    > Hey, how is your country? What is the value of the certs in your country?
    >
    > Jeff H. (MCSA, BBA, MSc)
    > Technical Consultant

    In the UAE and Egypt also not that high value you think it's much
    worse than yours I am a holder of MCSA 2003 for 13 month now and i am
    not satisfied with my career, Also i think if i got my MCSE it will be
    the same.
    Mentioning that i have more than two years administring networks.

    BUT Value equale to college cert.

    Micro, Jun 23, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBILg==?=

    Don Guest

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am a HK people and also a network engineer with around 7 years
    > related experience. I plan to take MCSE in next month.
    >
    > For my topic: -
    >
    > In my country, the cert of MCSE and MCSA have a low value in the
    > market. Those are similar as a school certificates. You don't expect
    > those can add-on values on yours, such as salary, job changes.
    >
    > In my opinion, the major reason is our engineers are not similar as
    > USA or India. Some holders do not have much working experience or
    > fresh graudation in universities.
    >
    > Because they don't have experience to support the certificate. They
    > only can apply helpdesk support or technican only. You know, the
    > salary is around HK$6000 - 8000. But, you don't forget they hold the
    > MCSE certificate.
    >
    > I sometime have confuse that do I still get the certificate. Surely,
    > my purpose is using the certificate to prove my skill. But, you know,
    > you still pay the cost on training course, books, exam fee etc. And it
    > may not have return on your career.
    >
    > Hey, how is your country? What is the value of the certs in your
    > country?
    >
    > Jeff H. (MCSA, BBA, MSc)
    > Technical Consultant

    I my experience simply don’t bother going down the MCSE/MCSA track. I
    used to work in the IT industry for nine years, back then I took the W2K
    MCSE and MCSA. I don’t know about your country but in the UK I haven’t
    met a single person who didn’t cheat their way through some all of their
    exams and I must have met at least forty people with MS accreditation

    Employers know this to common place and as a result give little or no
    recognition to holding such an accreditation. Because these exams can
    and are so easily cheated via brain dumping websites etc they have long
    since lost any value and such is the case with any multiple choice exam
    with a finite pool of questions.

    Don, Jun 23, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBILg==?=

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    I don't know about your country but in the UK I haven't
    > met a single person who didn't cheat their way through some all of their
    > exams and I must have met at least forty people with MS accreditation

    <snip>

    You've met one now.

    IT Girl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Jun 26, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBILg==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    TheITGirl piffled away vaguely:

    > "Don" <> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    > I don't know about your country but in the UK I haven't
    >> met a single person who didn't cheat their way through some all of their
    >> exams and I must have met at least forty people with MS accreditation

    > <snip>
    >
    > You've met one now.
    >
    > IT Girl MCDST

    3rded
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jun 26, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBILg==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Jun 26, 7:02 pm, "TheITGirl" <> wrote:
    > "Don" <> wrote in message

    > <snip>
    > I don't know about your country but in the UK I haven't> met a single person who didn't cheat their way through some all of their
    > > exams and I must have met at least forty people with MS accreditation

    > <snip>
    >
    > You've met one now.
    >
    > IT Girl MCDST

    A very HAWT one at that ! Ain't this your lucky day, Donny boy !

    Cerebrus, Jun 27, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBILg==?=

    Don Guest

    Cerebrus <> wrote in

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> You've met one now.
    >>
    >> IT Girl MCDST

    > A very HAWT one at that ! Ain't this your lucky day, Donny boy !

    Yeah yeah, how many times have I herd that old chestnut!!

    Don, Jun 27, 2007
  9. Basically you can not expect too much from MCSA or MCSE certification. But I
    do not think there are no value at all. When market is good, no problem. When
    the job market is not that good, it did means something (for example, better
    chance to get an interview). I used to apply for several positions in some
    hige profile company/organization. They are asking for this stuff (though it
    is not mandatery).
    I would say, Experience is always the most important.

    I might think the following may tell you something.
    "If you have MCSE/MCSE, this means nothing, but if you don't have it, this
    means something". Funny? Yes.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBa?=, Jun 29, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBILg==?=

    khalid kamal

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    i am student of BSC (computer sciences) i had just started giving papers of mcse and now looking at the discussion... i think i will have to quit rest of the other papers and focus on my MSC papers.

    khalid kamal, Jun 30, 2007