Value of Cisco training/certs

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by none, Jun 14, 2006.

  1. none

    none Guest

    I have a slightly different question, especially geared to those who
    have MCSEs and CCNA. A little re-assurance or reality check would help,
    especially being in the "Show-Me" state of Missouri.

    I enrolled in the local Cisco Academy for this fall. I have 2 rather
    under utilized NT4.0 and Win2k MCSEs, an A+ and 3 MOS certifications.
    Currently, I work at a call center. I am hoping as I approach 40 this
    February, that the CCNA and possible CCNP will help me break out of my
    mold, and actually aid in making more money, especially to legitimate
    the vast amounts I have spent already. Yes, I was one of those folks who
    got involved in computer work in 1999 for the cash, until the bottom
    fell out. Now, I figure it's time to fully succeed with the Cisco stuff
    and subsequent job prospects, or come up with a new career plan. I
    don't feel great about this path, but my friends who have taken some of
    the classes urge me on, saying it should help vastly.

    Has anyone out there had under-utilized skills or certifications, but
    found that Cisco certifications improved their lot? Is it possible to
    actually find a job, preferably day-shift because Cisco really helped to
    increase skillset and marketability?
    Any feedback in this news group would be helpful and most appreciated.

    Thanks ,
    David

    none, Jun 14, 2006