    two examinations and really would like to know peoples views of there worth,
    please bear in mind that I am in the UK.

    Thank you
    DMc2007, Feb 26, 2008

  2. DMc2007

    john morris Guest

    None, unless you are an elephant(total memory recall and work for peanuts).

    john morris, Feb 26, 2008

  3. "DMc2007" <> wrote in message

    > What is the value of this certification? I am thinking about taking these
    > two examinations and really would like to know peoples views of there worth,
    > please bear in mind that I am in the UK.
    >
    > Thank you

    David, it appears that since John cannot successfully negotiate the
    70-272 exam, he has become bitter. The value of certification lies in
    your experience with the technology. The more experience you have with
    the tested objective, essentially the higher the value you place on your
    certification, your skills, and your reputation. Being able to do what
    the certification implies you can do is value, not the sheet of paper
    it's written on.

    Good luck

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 27, 2008
  4. DMc2007

    John R Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > "DMc2007" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> What is the value of this certification? I am thinking about taking these
    >> two examinations and really would like to know peoples views of there
    >> worth,
    >> please bear in mind that I am in the UK.
    >>
    >> Thank you

    > The value of certification lies in your experience with the technology.

    In the long history of the computer, only a chosen few have been granted the
    role of defending certifications in it's hour of maximum danger. I do not
    shrink from this responsibility--I welcome it. I do not believe that any of
    us would exchange places with any other IT people or any other desktop OS.
    The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will
    light our certifier, Bill, and all who serve him--and the glow from that
    fire can truly light the world.

    And so, my fellow MCPs: ask not what Microsoft can do for you--ask what you
    can do for Microsoft.

    My fellow citizens of the IT world: ask not what certifications will do for
    you, but what together we can do for the certifications of IT.

    (With apologies to JFK)

    John R
    John R, Feb 27, 2008
  5. DMc2007

    john morris Guest

    tonight before i go to bed i will stand in front of my certificate and say
    thank you bill thank you.

    john morris, Feb 27, 2008
  6. "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message

    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    > > "DMc2007" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> What is the value of this certification? I am thinking about taking these
    > >> two examinations and really would like to know peoples views of there
    > >> worth,
    > >> please bear in mind that I am in the UK.
    > >>
    > >> Thank you

    > > The value of certification lies in your experience with the technology.

    > In the long history of the computer, only a chosen few have been granted the
    > role of defending certifications in it's hour of maximum danger. I do not
    > shrink from this responsibility--I welcome it. I do not believe that any of
    > us would exchange places with any other IT people or any other desktop OS.
    > The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will
    > light our certifier, Bill, and all who serve him--and the glow from that
    > fire can truly light the world.
    >
    > And so, my fellow MCPs: ask not what Microsoft can do for you--ask what you
    > can do for Microsoft.
    >
    > My fellow citizens of the IT world: ask not what certifications will do for
    > you, but what together we can do for the certifications of IT.
    >
    > (With apologies to JFK)
    >
    > John R

    That almost brought me to tears. Almost.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 27, 2008
  7. DMc2007

    John R Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in
    >

    >> In the long history of the computer, only a chosen few have been
    >> granted the role of defending certifications in it's hour of maximum
    >> danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility--I welcome it. I do
    >> not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other IT
    >> people or any other desktop OS. The energy, the faith, the devotion
    >> which we bring to this endeavor will light our certifier, Bill, and
    >> all who serve him--and the glow from that fire can truly light the
    >> world.
    >>
    >> And so, my fellow MCPs: ask not what Microsoft can do for you--ask
    >> what you can do for Microsoft.
    >>
    >> My fellow citizens of the IT world: ask not what certifications will
    >> do for you, but what together we can do for the certifications of IT.
    >>
    >> (With apologies to JFK)
    >>
    >> John R
    >>

    > I'm gone for five minutes and you start getting delusions. <sigh>
    >
    > --

    What do you mean, "start" ?

    John R
    John R, Mar 5, 2008