    a time frame for that?

    Thanks,
    AGJ

    ArunGJ, Jun 14, 2005

  2. ArunGJ

    DST Guest

    MS certifications are versioned.

    My MCAD/MCSD is for "Microsoft .NET", this is mentioned on my
    Transcript and on the paper certificates I received.

    People who are MCSD for Visual Studio 6 didn't lose their certification
    (or skills) because MS came with a new version of VB. They are still
    certified for VS6. If they take the exams for .NET, they will also be
    MCSD for .NET. Their transcript will mention MCSD for VB6 and .NET.

    What happens is that MS discontinues exams, it means that you can't
    take those exams anymore.

    Look here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examsretired.asp
    You'll see that only people who took Windows NT 3.51 exams (that OS is
    really old, we're 3 versions further now) had to upgrade to retain
    their
    certification.

    DST, Jun 14, 2005

  3. ArunGJ

    ArunGJ Guest

    Oh ok!
    Thanks for your reply. It was really informative!!
    Cheers,
    AGJ

    ArunGJ, Jun 14, 2005
  4. ArunGJ

    Sean Guest

    plus I have been told MS will offer upgrade exams so if you are MCAD/MCAD on
    1.x you can take the upgrade tests whch dont test you on things you have
    already been tested on...:)

    Sean, Jun 19, 2005