    I've just tried to download MSN Messenger, and that too won't work, however
    if I go to any other site I can download at will, blimey....
    ChrisC
    ChrisC, Nov 17, 2005

  2. "ChrisC" <cuke2u(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, I can't seem to do this to download certain files from MS such as the
    > antispyware. No activex prompt appears when I go to validate and when I
    > try to do it manually, running the validation tool, it just eventually
    > goes to 'this page cannot be displayed'. My version of X64 is a fresh one,
    > only a week old , but I have had similar problems before with this OS and
    > other installs, I've not changed any of the security settings in IE32-bit.
    > Ok, I've just tried to download MSN Messenger, and that too won't work,
    > however if I go to any other site I can download at will, blimey....
    > ChrisC

    Did you try turning off pop-up blocker?
    Wayne Wastier, Nov 17, 2005

  3. What is your mobo? Does it have an nVidia mobo chipset? (not the video)

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 18, 2005
  4. Oh yeah, the Firewall, I keep forgetting that.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 18, 2005
  5. ChrisC

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi and thx for your answers, nope I have a Asus A8V, besides that doesn't
    explain when I try to d/load from MS with having to validate I get nothing
    but I can download from any other web site in the world.
    Hell, I've just tried the manual validation again and it has just worked and
    I'm now able to download what I like including MSN Messenger, weird.....
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Nov 18, 2005
  6. Are you sure the Asus board doesn't have nVidia chips on board? Mine does.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 18, 2005
  7. ChrisC

    Mercury Guest

    The V in A8V = Via,N in A8N is NVidia.

    OP: Tried clearing the IE cache?

    Mercury, Nov 18, 2005
  8. ChrisC

    don Guest

    I have the same problem, using a gigabyte mobo.
    I found that towards the bottom of the page, ms offers an alternate
    validation method that has worked for me.
    don

    don, Nov 19, 2005
  9. ChrisC

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, mecury is quite correct, I have a motherboard with a via chipset, thus I
    do not have a NV firewall. Thing is, on my laptop, also connected to the
    same ADSL router, I can download anything I wanted to from MS at will, but
    my X64 desktop wouldn't, this was being done at the same time so can't say
    that either my router or MS were at fault....
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Nov 19, 2005