    response, please state if you're male or female so I can accurately
    record the results. Should men spend money on useless articles to
    signify how how they feel?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 11, 2006

  2. Rôgêr gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I can't decide if I should keep some sort of mindless tradition going or
    > move on to more important things. If you state your opinion in your
    > response, please state if you're male or female so I can accurately
    > record the results. Should men spend money on useless articles to
    > signify how how they feel?

    Definitely not. Men should only spend money on BEER!!11!! and big screen
    TVs.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
    The Old Sourdough, Feb 11, 2006

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Scraggy Guest

    The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > Rôgêr gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> I can't decide if I should keep some sort of mindless tradition
    >> going or move on to more important things. If you state your opinion
    >> in your response, please state if you're male or female so I can
    >> accurately record the results. Should men spend money on useless
    >> articles to signify how how they feel?
    >>

    > Definitely not. Men should only spend money on BEER!!11!! and big
    > screen TVs.

    Wot he said....and motorcycles.
    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Feb 11, 2006
  4. Scraggy gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >> Rôgêr gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> I can't decide if I should keep some sort of mindless tradition
    >>> going or move on to more important things. If you state your opinion
    >>> in your response, please state if you're male or female so I can
    >>> accurately record the results. Should men spend money on useless
    >>> articles to signify how how they feel?
    >>>

    >> Definitely not. Men should only spend money on BEER!!11!! and big
    >> screen TVs.

    > Wot he said....and motorcycles.

    My bad! I was so preoccupied with BEER11!!11, that I forgot a few other
    "toys". :)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is
    The Old Sourdough, Feb 11, 2006
  5. On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:32:52 +0000, Scraggy wrote:

    > The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >> Rôgêr gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> I can't decide if I should keep some sort of mindless tradition
    >>> going or move on to more important things. If you state your opinion
    >>> in your response, please state if you're male or female so I can
    >>> accurately record the results. Should men spend money on useless
    >>> articles to signify how how they feel?
    >>>

    >> Definitely not. Men should only spend money on BEER!!11!! and big
    >> screen TVs.

    > Wot he said....and motorcycles.

    You forgot COMPUTERS, you nit.
    Damme, now we're gonna have to revoke your geek license.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona|anomoP, CA * http://www.donavan.org
    "The two most abundant things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
    Gary G. Taylor, Feb 11, 2006
  6. On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 01:50:07 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >I can't decide if I should keep some sort of mindless tradition going or
    >move on to more important things. If you state your opinion in your
    >response, please state if you're male or female so I can accurately
    >record the results. Should men spend money on useless articles to
    >signify how how they feel?

    I always do and do it gladly. You see this coming Valentine's Day will
    by our silver, twenty fifth, wedding anniversary. My wife deserves any
    little thing I can come up with every year.

    OTOH, we are not well off financially and never have been so we have
    an agreement that we never spend more than $50 on each other for any
    holiday or special occasions. This time I do want to get her something
    just a little more special so I probably will go over that limit.

    From what I have seen, most men who have been with the same woman for
    a long time would like to give her something special. It is just that
    we resent feeling that we are being pressured into doing so by all the
    hype. If the girl of our dreams pushes us to get it then, to me, she
    has just spoiled the spirit of giving and may as well go buy it
    herself.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    The following information is given with the utmost respect
    for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the
    current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
    The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of Feb. 09, 2006 is 2,267.
    United Kingdom = 101
    Other = 103
    Iraqi deaths in excess of 30,000 - probably many more.

    Today, February 11, 2006
    It has been 1017 days since Bush declared,
    "Mission Accomplished in Iraq."
    Grandpa Chuck, Feb 11, 2006
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Scraggy Guest

    Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    > On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:32:52 +0000, Scraggy wrote:
    >
    >> The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >>> Rôgêr gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Definitely not. Men should only spend money on BEER!!11!! and big
    >>> screen TVs.

    >> Wot he said....and motorcycles.

    > You forgot COMPUTERS, you nit.
    > Damme, now we're gonna have to revoke your geek license.

    :) I read that as 'commuters' and thought WTF does he think motorcycles.....
    oh....sorry, as you were.
    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Feb 11, 2006
  8. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Scraggy Guest

    The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > Scraggy gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >>> Rôgêr gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Definitely not. Men should only spend money on BEER!!11!! and big
    >>> screen TVs.

    >> Wot he said....and motorcycles.

    > My bad! I was so preoccupied with BEER11!!11, that I forgot a few
    > other "toys". :)

    As you know, there are few better preoccupations...well perhaps one or two
    (at a push) ;)
    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Feb 11, 2006
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    doS Guest

    You are in the doghouse aren't you....

    doS, Feb 11, 2006
  10. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    JANA Guest

    Take the lady out for a dinner in a nice gourmet dining place, a movie, and
    then a good dancing, show her respect. If she comes on to you, take
    advantage of it. Women like a good fling just like the guys do. You just
    have to know how to get her going.

    If you really like the lady, buy her a real gold bracelet, or something like
    that. If you spend a few hundred bucks and she likes you, I am sure she will
    become very friendly.

    Let's see... With a name like Jana, if I am male or female. I think the name
    should give it away. But, I am bold and forward!

    Tell me... What does this have to do with 24 Hour Support???

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Feb 12, 2006
  11. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    JANA Guest

    I don't see how a big screen TV can do to you what a good lady can do to
    you!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Feb 12, 2006
  12. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    JANA Guest

    If my guy only spent fifty bucks on me for a special occasion, I would think
    he'd be better off with a case of beer, a bag of popcorn, and sitting in
    front of the TV set!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Grandpa Chuck" <Grandpa > wrote in message
    On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 01:50:07 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >I can't decide if I should keep some sort of mindless tradition going or
    >move on to more important things. If you state your opinion in your
    >response, please state if you're male or female so I can accurately
    >record the results. Should men spend money on useless articles to
    >signify how how they feel?

    I always do and do it gladly. You see this coming Valentine's Day will
    by our silver, twenty fifth, wedding anniversary. My wife deserves any
    little thing I can come up with every year.

    OTOH, we are not well off financially and never have been so we have
    an agreement that we never spend more than $50 on each other for any
    holiday or special occasions. This time I do want to get her something
    just a little more special so I probably will go over that limit.

    From what I have seen, most men who have been with the same woman for

    Today, February 11, 2006
    JANA, Feb 12, 2006
  13. Rôgêr wrote:
    > I can't decide if I should keep some sort of mindless tradition going or
    > move on to more important things. If you state your opinion in your
    > response, please state if you're male or female so I can accurately
    > record the results. Should men spend money on useless articles to
    > signify how how they feel?

    Dump her the day before. The day after, find another. Next year: wash,
    rinse and repeat.
    _____
    Slack
    =?windows-1252?Q?Slack=99?=, Feb 12, 2006
  14. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Plato Guest

    Nah, just buy chocolate things. They'll get eaten

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 12, 2006
  15. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    JANA Guest

    You are going to be one lonely old man!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Feb 12, 2006
  16. JANA gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I don't see how a big screen TV can do to you what a good lady can do to
    > you!

    Football, basketball, baseball, beer commercials.......

    The Old Sourdough, Feb 12, 2006
  17. On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:53:16 -0500, "JANA" <> wrote:

    >If my guy only spent fifty bucks on me for a special occasion,

    What you choose to call "only fifty bucks" is quite a bit of money out
    of our budget when we don't have much disposable income after our
    everyday expenses.

    > I would think
    >he'd be better off with a case of beer,

    Let's see. How well would that work for us?
    We met at an AA meeting and we still attend meetings every week for
    many reason including because we enjoy them.
    So you want me to buy a case of beer?
    I wouldn't know what to do with it since I haven't had a drink in 27
    years and she hasn't had one in 26 years. We do have three bottles of
    beer in the cupboard to use in a recipe that we make about once every
    four or five months.

    > a bag of popcorn, and sitting in
    >front of the TV set!
    >
    >--
    >
    >JANA

    Thanks for the suggestions anyway Jana. I hope you never find yourself
    in a position where "only fifty bucks" puts a strain on your budget.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    Today, February 11, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Feb 12, 2006
  18. I'm sure you don't mean it the way it comes across, but you make every
    woman look like a gold digger.

    Today, February 11, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Feb 12, 2006
  19. My wife is a woman who never once asked me what I could do for her or
    what I could buy for her.

    OTOH, if you have to buy something for a woman and/or take her out to
    dinner you may as well just pay her up front and be honest about what
    she really is.

    I dated a woman for a very short time who told me she would usually go
    to bed with any man who bought her nice clothes, jewelry, etc. I asked
    her why she didn't just set a price and be done with it. She got
    pissed off and said, "I'm not a hooker." to which I said, "You are;
    you just aren't honest enough to admit it." By the way, I am the one
    that broke up with her after she fell asleep at the beginning of a
    concert I took her to and she slept most of the way through it. She
    didn't understand why that bothered me when I had paid a rather hefty
    price for those two tickets.

    Today, February 11, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Feb 12, 2006
  20. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Frosty Guest

    What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Sat, 11 Feb 2006
    01:50:07 -0500, canst thou now find out, to hide Rôgêr
    <> from this open and apparent shame?:

    >I can't decide if I should keep some sort of mindless tradition going

    or
    >move on to more important things. If you state your opinion in your
    >response, please state if you're male or female so I can accurately
    >record the results. Should men spend money on useless articles to
    >signify how how they feel?

    Male: Buy expensive jewelry!

    (Did I mention I'm a jeweler?)

    --

    "The Borg assimilated my race, and all I got was this crummy tagline."
    Frosty, Feb 13, 2006