Valentine's Day Bargains

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by lorisdsa@gmail.com, Feb 8, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , Feb 8, 2007

  2. Roy G Guest

    CRAP

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Don't forget to send your gifts and flowers in time -
    > www.nxxxxxxxx.com?a=1
    > - They have amazing deals and rock bottom prices - www.xxxxxx.com?a=1

    Well it might not be Spam, because there is an official definition.

    People who post this kind of CRAP, are just as disreputable as Spammers.

    Roy G, Feb 9, 2007

  3. Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: CRAP

    Roy G wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Don't forget to send your gifts and flowers in time -
    > > www.nxxxxxxxx.com?a=1
    > > - They have amazing deals and rock bottom prices - www.xxxxxx.com?a=1
    > >

    > Well it might not be Spam, because there is an official definition.
    >
    > People who post this kind of CRAP, are just as disreputable as Spammers.

    don't excuse them, it's spam.
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    Paul Heslop, Feb 9, 2007
  4. Roy G Guest

    Re: CRAP

    "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > Roy G wrote:
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >> > Don't forget to send your gifts and flowers in time -
    >> > www.nxxxxxxxx.com?a=1
    >> > - They have amazing deals and rock bottom prices - www.xxxxxx.com?a=1
    >> >

    >> Well it might not be Spam, because there is an official definition.
    >>
    >> People who post this kind of CRAP, are just as disreputable as Spammers.

    > don't excuse them, it's spam.
    > --
    > Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)

    No Paul,

    I was given a severe telling off the last time I called one of these morons
    a Spammer, this activity does not meet the Official Definition for Spam.

    You should know that, because our names were both mentioned by the Arsehole
    Supporters Club.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Feb 9, 2007
  5. Deputy Dog Guest

    Re: CRAP

    "Roy G" <> wrote in message

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > Roy G wrote:
    > >>
    > >> <> wrote in message
    > >> >

    > >> Well it might not be Spam, because there is an official definition.
    > >>
    > >> People who post this kind of CRAP, are just as disreputable as

    Spammers.

    > > don't excuse them, it's spam.
    > > --
    > > Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)

    > No Paul,
    >
    > I was given a severe telling off the last time I called one of these

    morons
    > a Spammer, this activity does not meet the Official Definition for Spam.

    You were told that it did not meet the Official meaning of spam. If thats
    what you call a "severe telling off" you really must be thin skinned. Let it
    go and move on.

    Dave

    Deputy Dog, Feb 9, 2007
  6. ASAAR Guest

    Re: CRAP

    On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 02:00:44 GMT, "Deputy Dog"
    <dave@(removethis)sibbett.com> wrote:

    >> I was given a severe telling off the last time I called one of these
    >> morons a Spammer, this activity does not meet the Official
    >> Definition for Spam.

    > You were told that it did not meet the Official meaning of spam.
    > If thats what you call a "severe telling off" you really must be
    > thin skinned. Let it go and move on.

    Who appointed you Deputy, Dog? Quick Draw Mcgraw or the honorable
    Ms. Hannah Barbera?

    http://www.geocities.com/side2prod/allen.htm
    (Dayton Allen, voice of Deputy Dog)

    ASAAR, Feb 9, 2007
  7. Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: CRAP

    Roy G wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > Roy G wrote:
    > >>
    > >> <> wrote in message
    > >> >

    > >> Well it might not be Spam, because there is an official definition.
    > >>
    > >> People who post this kind of CRAP, are just as disreputable as Spammers.

    > > don't excuse them, it's spam.
    > > --
    > > Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)

    > No Paul,
    >
    > I was given a severe telling off the last time I called one of these morons
    > a Spammer, this activity does not meet the Official Definition for Spam.
    >
    > You should know that, because our names were both mentioned by the Arsehole
    > Supporters Club.
    >
    > Roy G

    Yes, I know, and I know he's done it before. Point is, as he seems to
    think we are 'dick'tating' to others then he is 'dicktating' to us.
    Anyway, I kind of liked the free publicity :O)

    Paul Heslop, Feb 9, 2007
  8. Savageduck Guest

    Re: CRAP

    Paul Heslop wrote:
    > Roy G wrote:
    >> "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message

    >>> don't excuse them, it's spam.
    >>> --
    >>> Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)

    >> No Paul,
    >>
    >> I was given a severe telling off the last time I called one of these morons
    >> a Spammer, this activity does not meet the Official Definition for Spam.
    >>
    >> You should know that, because our names were both mentioned by the Arsehole
    >> Supporters Club.
    >>
    >> Roy G

    > Yes, I know, and I know he's done it before. Point is, as he seems to
    > think we are 'dick'tating' to others then he is 'dicktating' to us.
    > Anyway, I kind of liked the free publicity :O)

    It seems this OP does not understand, a post sent to any unwilling News
    Group or e-mail in-box with the intent of getting a response at his
    commercial enterprise is SPAM. He is by definition a SPAMMER.
    He also meets the test to be labeled a TROLL. Both of his recent
    postings have provoked a debate beyond the intent and purpose of this
    group and are off topic.
    This is not a responsible poster reporting an experience (pleasant or
    not)or a reference at a reputable vendor.
    So it would seem the best solution is to reward him with the Grand Order
    of The KILL FILE!
    Regards,
    'Duck

    Savageduck, Feb 9, 2007
  9. Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: CRAP

    Savageduck wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > Roy G wrote:
    > >> "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message

    > >> No Paul,
    > >>
    > >> I was given a severe telling off the last time I called one of these morons
    > >> a Spammer, this activity does not meet the Official Definition for Spam.
    > >>
    > >> You should know that, because our names were both mentioned by the Arsehole
    > >> Supporters Club.
    > >>
    > >> Roy G

    > > Yes, I know, and I know he's done it before. Point is, as he seems to
    > > think we are 'dick'tating' to others then he is 'dicktating' to us.
    > > Anyway, I kind of liked the free publicity :O)

    > It seems this OP does not understand, a post sent to any unwilling News
    > Group or e-mail in-box with the intent of getting a response at his
    > commercial enterprise is SPAM. He is by definition a SPAMMER.
    > He also meets the test to be labeled a TROLL. Both of his recent
    > postings have provoked a debate beyond the intent and purpose of this
    > group and are off topic.
    > This is not a responsible poster reporting an experience (pleasant or
    > not)or a reference at a reputable vendor.
    > So it would seem the best solution is to reward him with the Grand Order
    > of The KILL FILE!
    > Regards,
    > 'Duck

    Problem in this group, and what Juicy doesn't care about, is its
    popularity seems to be a magnet for these people and some folks will
    just allow it to continue without comment. I just wish my old news
    client was as adaptable as some other programs (I have OCD and getting
    used to new things can be quite a chore)

    Paul Heslop, Feb 9, 2007
  10. Deputy Dog Guest

    Re: CRAP

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 02:00:44 GMT, "Deputy Dog"
    > <dave@(removethis)sibbett.com> wrote:
    >
    > >> I was given a severe telling off the last time I called one of these
    > >> morons a Spammer, this activity does not meet the Official
    > >> Definition for Spam.

    > > You were told that it did not meet the Official meaning of spam.
    > > If thats what you call a "severe telling off" you really must be
    > > thin skinned. Let it go and move on.

    Who appointed you Deputy, Dog? >

    Hmm appointed no, but the nick name was bestowed upon me by a group of
    organized shoplifters in southeast Pa in the late 80's early 90's.
    Obviously I'm still around and they aren't. In any case thanks for the link
    it was quite humorous. And correct me if I'm mistaken Hanna Barbera were two
    men, Willaim Hanna and Joseph Barbera.

    nuff said, Dave

    Deputy Dog, Feb 10, 2007
  11. ASAAR Guest

    Re: CRAP

    On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 01:03:56 GMT, "Deputy Dog"
    <dave@(removethis)sibbett.com> wrote:

    > Hmm appointed no, but the nick name was bestowed upon me by a group of
    > organized shoplifters in southeast Pa in the late 80's early 90's.
    > Obviously I'm still around and they aren't. In any case thanks for the link
    > it was quite humorous. And correct me if I'm mistaken Hanna Barbera were two
    > men, Willaim Hanna and Joseph Barbera.
    >
    > nuff said, Dave

    Yep. Just kidding about Ms. Hannah (note the spelling) Barbera.
    I used to enjoy regularly watching Steve Allen's show, including the
    appearances of his loony crew ("Why not!", "Heigh Ho, Steverino",
    "My name, . . .", etc.). Not a Deputy Dogger, though. Crusader
    Rabbit & Ragland T. Tiger were more my speed. They were sort of an
    earlier incarnation of Rocky & Bullwinkle.

    ASAAR, Feb 10, 2007
  12. Doug Robbins Guest

    Re: CRAP

    OCD and an interest in new camera eqiopment can be an expensive proposition.

    Doug Robbins, Feb 10, 2007
  13. Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: CRAP

    Doug Robbins wrote:

    > OCD and an interest in new camera eqiopment can be an expensive proposition.

    :O) You'd think so wouldn't you? Sadly, or gladly, mine has been
    going a long time and has developed itself into a 'don't do that or
    else' instead of a 'do that or else' so my problem is I have two
    outdated cameras and am unable to force myself to make the jump to a
    newer one.

    Paul Heslop, Feb 10, 2007