    I need your help and support
    Thanks
    William
    bill, Jul 21, 2007

  2. bill

    Dogpoop Guest

    bill wrote:

    > Unfortunately after assembling my laptop, the computer sounded very
    > well but the screen was completely black and without any life or
    > signal.

    > I might have accidentally put a needle threw the wire cable
    > which connects the computer to the screen.

    Those two sentences seem somewhat connected.

    Question: .. How does one 'accidentally' put a needle through the cable when
    one is assembling a computer? Why would one even be using a needle when
    assembling a computer?

    --
    Dog Poop

    Stand by me,
    Dogpoop, Jul 21, 2007

  3. bill wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I need a technical advice for your group. I had a hardware problem
    > with my vaio laptop model # PCG-TR1A, the DC adaptor was not
    > functioning well, I have decided to change it myself because I found
    > out that it was going to cost me at least $300 to fix it threw a
    > repair center and it was going to take around 3 weeks.
    > I bought the correct DC adaptor on e-bay and I was successful to
    > change it myself and bring the power supply back to normal.
    > Unfortunately after assembling my laptop, the computer sounded very
    > well but the screen was completely black and without any life or
    > signal. I might have accidentally put a needle threw the wire cable
    > which connects the computer to the screen.
    > Do I have to replace that wire cable?
    > Or did I make any other mistake during my assembly?
    > I need your help and support

    You should at least check to see if you seated the ribbon correctly when
    putting it back together. But as Dogpoop said, why would you be using a
    needle on a laptop? I'm not familiar with that particular model, but if
    the ribbon is replaceable, it would be cheaper than the alternative,
    replacing the display.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 21, 2007