Vacuum cleaner OS

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gib Bogle, Jan 23, 2013.

  1. Gib Bogle

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs JohnO wrote:
    > On Thursday, 24 January 2013 12:09:18 UTC+13, Gib Bogle wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    > By odd coincidence we've just inherited a 'Kirby' vacuum cleaner.
    > This think looks like it is straight from the 1950's but is near new,
    > and apparently retails for some horrendous price (i.e. >$1k ???)

    Yeah, they're pretty expensive - especially if you take that finance option.

    > Have not powered this thing up, but it weighs a ton so definitely not
    > recommended for you, Shaun!

    For sure. However I'm happy with my Nilfisk King for now - it costs enough
    so I'm hoping to get quite a few more years use out of it.

    > It looks like it could suck a golf ball through a garden hose though.

    LOL, I knew a young lady like that once (long, long long ago). ;)
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, Mar 1, 2013

  2. Gib Bogle

    JohnO Guest

    On Friday, 1 March 2013 18:57:55 UTC+13, ~misfit~ wrote:
    <snip>

    > > It looks like it could suck a golf ball through a garden hose though.

    > LOL, I knew a young lady like that once (long, long long ago). ;)

    Probably the source of all your troubles! ;-D

    JohnO, Mar 3, 2013

  3. Gib Bogle

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs JohnO wrote:
    > On Friday, 1 March 2013 18:57:55 UTC+13, ~misfit~ wrote:
    > <snip>
    >>> It looks like it could suck a golf ball through a garden hose
    >>> though.

    >> LOL, I knew a young lady like that once (long, long long ago). ;)

    > Probably the source of all your troubles! ;-D

    What's that? The 'long, long long ago' bit or knowing her in the first
    place? ;)

    ~misfit~, Mar 3, 2013
  4. Gib Bogle

    JohnO Guest

    On Sunday, 3 March 2013 21:22:12 UTC+13, ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs JohnO wrote:

    <snip>

    > What's that? The 'long, long long ago' bit or knowing her in the first
    > place? ;)

    The latter - even in the biblical dawn of time it's all blamed on some chick!

    JohnO, Mar 3, 2013