    Sorry if it has been asked before, but are there any V92 compatible
    ISPs in NZ? New modem I am putting in a PC I am building for someone
    is V92 and it would be advantageous to that person. Thanks.

    GraB, Feb 9, 2004

  2. GraB wrote:
    > Sorry if it has been asked before, but are there any V92 compatible
    > ISPs in NZ? New modem I am putting in a PC I am building for someone
    > is V92 and it would be advantageous to that person. Thanks.

    Paradise trialled it, but I dont think that any support it due to the
    fact that it doesnt offer the ISP's anything more than v90.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 9, 2004

  3. GraB

    XPD Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry if it has been asked before, but are there any V92 compatible
    > ISPs in NZ? New modem I am putting in a PC I am building for someone
    > is V92 and it would be advantageous to that person. Thanks.

    ISP's are in general quite happy to support v92 and some even upgraded their
    modems to v92, but all for nothing as Telecom wont permit it on the lines
    etc at this point in time and probably never will. IIRC it reqs some
    upgrades at the exchanges etc etc......

    XPD, Feb 9, 2004
  4. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:04:17 +1300, "XPD"
    <> wrote:

    >"GraB" <> wrote in message
    >> Sorry if it has been asked before, but are there any V92 compatible
    >> ISPs in NZ? New modem I am putting in a PC I am building for someone
    >> is V92 and it would be advantageous to that person. Thanks.

    >ISP's are in general quite happy to support v92 and some even upgraded their
    >modems to v92, but all for nothing as Telecom wont permit it on the lines
    >etc at this point in time and probably never will. IIRC it reqs some
    >upgrades at the exchanges etc etc......

    Telecom don't have enough competition.

    GraB, Feb 10, 2004
  5. GraB

    colinco Guest

    In article <4027dcb0$>,
    says...

    > "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > > Sorry if it has been asked before, but are there any V92 compatible
    > > ISPs in NZ? New modem I am putting in a PC I am building for someone
    > > is V92 and it would be advantageous to that person. Thanks.

    > ISP's are in general quite happy to support v92 and some even upgraded their
    > modems to v92, but all for nothing as Telecom wont permit it on the lines
    > etc at this point in time and probably never will. IIRC it reqs some
    > upgrades at the exchanges etc etc......

    Not much to do with the exchange, neither the modem or telephone work
    well in parallel - see here http://www.telepermit.co.nz/nl140.html#sec6

    It's competition that has driven price and capability of the phones and
    modems down.

    colinco, Feb 10, 2004