v8 supercars 2 anyone playing it?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by cowboyz, May 31, 2004.

  1. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't get out
    of the way.
    cowboyz, May 31, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 31, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. cowboyz wrote:
    > I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't
    > get out of the way.


    Try www.gpforums.co.nz there's a few gamers who hang out there who may be
    able to help you more.

    ~!@#$%^&*()_+

    Millhouse : "We started off like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in tragedy"
    Waylon Smithers, May 31, 2004
    #3
  4. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't
    >> get out of the way.

    >
    > ahem, you have a V8 too... push them out of the way... jees.


    But the little woman is always on about me not driving in driving games like
    I drive in real life... or was that the other way around?
    cowboyz, Jun 1, 2004
    #4
  5. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Waylon Smithers wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't
    >> get out of the way.

    >
    > Try www.gpforums.co.nz there's a few gamers who hang out there who
    > may be able to help you more.
    >
    > ~!@#$%^&*()_+
    >
    > Millhouse : "We started off like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in
    > tragedy"


    many thanx. will check it out.
    cowboyz, Jun 1, 2004
    #5
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 1, 2004
    #6
  7. cowboyz

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    news:c9g7s5$l9m$...
    > I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't get

    out
    > of the way.


    Hey, Cowboyz!
    Does the damn "F" key work when playing the full version of V8 S2?
    I've just got the demo. It looks good and is challenging enough without
    being impossible, but just a bit more realism is definitely needed.
    Surely when one gets rammed and side swiped by some other idiot racer that
    should be driving a damn stock car instead, it should be just a matter of
    hitting the damn "F" key to give the prick the message. In other words a
    hand popping out the window to give the prick the usual waving Two finger
    salute.
    If it's not in the full version, hopefully they'll bring out a special patch
    with it just to make the racing look a bit more realistic... and fun of
    course in giving another key to hit while trying to control the car.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jun 3, 2004
    #7
  8. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > news:c9g7s5$l9m$...
    >> I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't
    >> get out of the way.

    >
    > Hey, Cowboyz!
    > Does the damn "F" key work when playing the full version of V8 S2?
    > I've just got the demo. It looks good and is challenging enough
    > without being impossible, but just a bit more realism is definitely
    > needed.


    Nope, you can't hang your hand out the window. To be honest it has a few
    problems. The game that is.

    In carreer mode EVERYONE drives like dodgem cars. And the goals are really
    really hard. Like you start in 17th place and have to finish in the top 2
    and have 2 laps to do it. The only way I have found of doing it (I am up to
    58% of carreer mode) is to drive really hard into the corners and bounce off
    other cars to make it around. You can't pass anything in a striaght line
    even if your cornering is good.
    Bathurst is very very sad. It is a little better with the 1.2 patch but
    still wrong. Over the skyline you touch the ground for about 3 seconds of
    the 30 it takes to get across it. It is like playing a rally game.
    Also you can cut major corners cause the sand traps just don't. I have done
    a 1.42 around bathurst which is just wrong. I would have preferred to see
    more realistic times. If you are disciplined enough to race on the track
    you can do a 1.50 and that is moving and really exciting racing.
    You can set free mode and race whatever you want. Even do the full bathurst
    1000 which is great. Except you can't save you game so you have to do the
    full 5 hours in one stretch. I would love to race an entire bathurst race
    but haven't the time to sit down for 5 hours striaght and play it. One day
    I will.

    The upsides. Graphics are amoung the most amazing I have seen in a racing
    game. I am playing it on a 9800pro and it is stunning. Even after many
    hours of playing I still get distracted by the scenery and miss the odd
    corner.

    > Surely when one gets rammed and side swiped by some other idiot racer
    > that should be driving a damn stock car instead, it should be just a
    > matter of hitting the damn "F" key to give the prick the message. In
    > other words a hand popping out the window to give the prick the usual
    > waving Two finger salute.


    Even though it is not in the race if you bash enough then after the race a
    guy will come up and give you a telling off which is quite funny really.


    > If it's not in the full version, hopefully they'll bring out a
    > special patch with it just to make the racing look a bit more
    > realistic... and fun of course in giving another key to hit while
    > trying to control the car.
    >
    > E. Scrooge
    cowboyz, Jun 3, 2004
    #8
  9. cowboyz

    samg Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in news:c9mnc8$620$:

    >
    > In carreer mode EVERYONE drives like dodgem cars. And the goals are
    > really really hard. Like you start in 17th place and have to finish
    > in the top 2 and have 2 laps to do it. The only way I have found of
    > doing it (I am up to 58% of carreer mode) is to drive really hard into
    > the corners and bounce off other cars to make it around. You can't
    > pass anything in a striaght line even if your cornering is good.
    > Bathurst is very very sad. It is a little better with the 1.2 patch
    > but still wrong. Over the skyline you touch the ground for about 3
    > seconds of the 30 it takes to get across it. It is like playing a
    > rally game. Also you can cut major corners cause the sand traps just
    > don't. I have done a 1.42 around bathurst which is just wrong. I
    > would have preferred to see more realistic times.


    yeah but they designed it be halfway between a sim and and an action game.
    samg, Jun 3, 2004
    #9
  10. cowboyz

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "samg" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns94FDD3111C835samg@203.97.37.6...
    > "cowboyz" <> wrote in news:c9mnc8$620$:
    >
    > >
    > > In carreer mode EVERYONE drives like dodgem cars. And the goals are
    > > really really hard. Like you start in 17th place and have to finish
    > > in the top 2 and have 2 laps to do it. The only way I have found of
    > > doing it (I am up to 58% of carreer mode) is to drive really hard into
    > > the corners and bounce off other cars to make it around. You can't
    > > pass anything in a striaght line even if your cornering is good.
    > > Bathurst is very very sad. It is a little better with the 1.2 patch
    > > but still wrong. Over the skyline you touch the ground for about 3
    > > seconds of the 30 it takes to get across it. It is like playing a
    > > rally game. Also you can cut major corners cause the sand traps just
    > > don't. I have done a 1.42 around bathurst which is just wrong. I
    > > would have preferred to see more realistic times.

    >
    > yeah but they designed it be halfway between a sim and and an action game.


    You can thank the console market for that, and low grade consoles at that.
    The PS3 will make a bit of a difference when it comes out. At least the PC
    version has more cars in it and the better resolutions make it worthwhile.
    The Xbox version looks nothing great hooked up to a projector in Harvey
    Norman - too pixeled.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jun 3, 2004
    #10
  11. cowboyz

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    news:c9mnc8$620$...
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    > > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > > news:c9g7s5$l9m$...
    > >> I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't
    > >> get out of the way.

    > >
    > > Hey, Cowboyz!
    > > Does the damn "F" key work when playing the full version of V8 S2?
    > > I've just got the demo. It looks good and is challenging enough
    > > without being impossible, but just a bit more realism is definitely
    > > needed.

    >
    > Nope, you can't hang your hand out the window. To be honest it has a few
    > problems. The game that is.
    >
    > In carreer mode EVERYONE drives like dodgem cars. And the goals are

    really
    > really hard. Like you start in 17th place and have to finish in the top 2
    > and have 2 laps to do it. The only way I have found of doing it (I am up

    to
    > 58% of carreer mode) is to drive really hard into the corners and bounce

    off
    > other cars to make it around. You can't pass anything in a striaght line
    > even if your cornering is good.
    > Bathurst is very very sad. It is a little better with the 1.2 patch but
    > still wrong. Over the skyline you touch the ground for about 3 seconds of
    > the 30 it takes to get across it. It is like playing a rally game.
    > Also you can cut major corners cause the sand traps just don't. I have

    done
    > a 1.42 around bathurst which is just wrong. I would have preferred to see
    > more realistic times. If you are disciplined enough to race on the track
    > you can do a 1.50 and that is moving and really exciting racing.
    > You can set free mode and race whatever you want. Even do the full

    bathurst
    > 1000 which is great. Except you can't save you game so you have to do the
    > full 5 hours in one stretch. I would love to race an entire bathurst race
    > but haven't the time to sit down for 5 hours striaght and play it. One

    day
    > I will.
    >
    > The upsides. Graphics are amoung the most amazing I have seen in a

    racing
    > game. I am playing it on a 9800pro and it is stunning. Even after many
    > hours of playing I still get distracted by the scenery and miss the odd
    > corner.
    >
    > > Surely when one gets rammed and side swiped by some other idiot racer
    > > that should be driving a damn stock car instead, it should be just a
    > > matter of hitting the damn "F" key to give the prick the message. In
    > > other words a hand popping out the window to give the prick the usual
    > > waving Two finger salute.

    >
    > Even though it is not in the race if you bash enough then after the race a
    > guy will come up and give you a telling off which is quite funny really.


    :) That's something.
    The demo has sound problems at times, it's only setup mainly for an SB
    Audigy card or whatever. Only keyboard control with the damn arrows mainly.
    Car control isn't too bad. As you say, cutting the corners is too easy.
    The Merc Truck racing (THQ) would black flag you for deliberately cutting
    corners.
    The Demo offer 3 types of racing including V8s at Philip Island. The
    graphics look the best on the replays, in TV camera mode. The sun sparkling
    off the cars is a nice touch. Could do with some tyre smoke in the game
    play mode, the full version might have it.

    The difficulty settings for single race don't seem bad - normal - hard - and
    custom which is useful, it scales from 50% up to a nightmare 110%. With
    keyboard control 50% gives one a good chance to a degree. It's good that
    some corners can be taken flat out, some only need the thottle to to be
    lifted a bit. The tight turns are a bugger with the keys.

    The door doesn't flap round for long, the smashed windscreens are good,
    especially on the replys where you can see the driver better. Nice
    suspension movement on the cars.
    I'll probably get it some time next month. I'm glad I didn't bother with
    the previous V8 S, some things about it put me off. At least the cars can
    be controlled which is something instead of a pot luck cornering control
    setup. Even being able to drift them on the grass isn't bad, as well as
    lighting up the tyres doing doughnuts on the track. Despite what you've
    noticed a lot of work has gone into it for the money, pretty good value
    these days. Don't know if there's a frame rate key, can't get the game
    options on the demo.
    The "F" for the fingers would still be good, it's what Mark Skaife does
    anyway when provoked.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jun 3, 2004
    #11
  12. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:

    >> Even though it is not in the race if you bash enough then after the
    >> race a guy will come up and give you a telling off which is quite
    >> funny really.

    >
    > :) That's something.
    > The demo has sound problems at times, it's only setup mainly for an SB
    > Audigy card or whatever. Only keyboard control with the damn arrows
    > mainly. Car control isn't too bad. As you say, cutting the corners
    > is too easy. The Merc Truck racing (THQ) would black flag you for
    > deliberately cutting corners.
    > The Demo offer 3 types of racing including V8s at Philip Island. The
    > graphics look the best on the replays, in TV camera mode. The sun
    > sparkling off the cars is a nice touch. Could do with some tyre
    > smoke in the game play mode, the full version might have it.
    >
    > The difficulty settings for single race don't seem bad - normal -
    > hard - and custom which is useful, it scales from 50% up to a
    > nightmare 110%. With keyboard control 50% gives one a good chance to
    > a degree. It's good that some corners can be taken flat out, some
    > only need the thottle to to be lifted a bit. The tight turns are a
    > bugger with the keys.
    >
    > The door doesn't flap round for long, the smashed windscreens are
    > good, especially on the replys where you can see the driver better.
    > Nice suspension movement on the cars.
    > I'll probably get it some time next month. I'm glad I didn't bother
    > with the previous V8 S, some things about it put me off. At least
    > the cars can be controlled which is something instead of a pot luck
    > cornering control setup. Even being able to drift them on the grass
    > isn't bad, as well as lighting up the tyres doing doughnuts on the
    > track. Despite what you've noticed a lot of work has gone into it
    > for the money, pretty good value these days. Don't know if there's a
    > frame rate key, can't get the game options on the demo.
    > The "F" for the fingers would still be good, it's what Mark Skaife
    > does anyway when provoked.
    >
    > E. Scrooge


    If you want it next month then you could give me a bell. I'd probably be
    ready to flick it off by then. I have registered the key so you may not be
    interested but I will probably be sick of it by next month and I won't sell
    it for $15 less than retail either (not that anyone round here would do
    that). Probably flick it for $60 or so. I am kinda hooked on it for
    now, it is the only game I play and spending a couple of hours a day on it
    but next month will be a different story. (short attention span)
    cowboyz, Jun 3, 2004
    #12
  13. cowboyz

    Fred Guest

    cowboyz wrote:

    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >
    >
    >>>Even though it is not in the race if you bash enough then after the
    >>>race a guy will come up and give you a telling off which is quite
    >>>funny really.

    >>
    >>:) That's something.
    >>The demo has sound problems at times, it's only setup mainly for an SB
    >>Audigy card or whatever. Only keyboard control with the damn arrows
    >>mainly. Car control isn't too bad. As you say, cutting the corners
    >>is too easy. The Merc Truck racing (THQ) would black flag you for
    >>deliberately cutting corners.
    >>The Demo offer 3 types of racing including V8s at Philip Island. The
    >>graphics look the best on the replays, in TV camera mode. The sun
    >>sparkling off the cars is a nice touch. Could do with some tyre
    >>smoke in the game play mode, the full version might have it.
    >>
    >>The difficulty settings for single race don't seem bad - normal -
    >>hard - and custom which is useful, it scales from 50% up to a
    >>nightmare 110%. With keyboard control 50% gives one a good chance to
    >>a degree. It's good that some corners can be taken flat out, some
    >>only need the thottle to to be lifted a bit. The tight turns are a
    >>bugger with the keys.
    >>
    >>The door doesn't flap round for long, the smashed windscreens are
    >>good, especially on the replys where you can see the driver better.
    >>Nice suspension movement on the cars.
    >>I'll probably get it some time next month. I'm glad I didn't bother
    >>with the previous V8 S, some things about it put me off. At least
    >>the cars can be controlled which is something instead of a pot luck
    >>cornering control setup. Even being able to drift them on the grass
    >>isn't bad, as well as lighting up the tyres doing doughnuts on the
    >>track. Despite what you've noticed a lot of work has gone into it
    >>for the money, pretty good value these days. Don't know if there's a
    >>frame rate key, can't get the game options on the demo.
    >>The "F" for the fingers would still be good, it's what Mark Skaife
    >>does anyway when provoked.
    >>
    >>E. Scrooge

    >
    >
    > If you want it next month then you could give me a bell. I'd probably be
    > ready to flick it off by then. I have registered the key so you may not be
    > interested but I will probably be sick of it by next month and I won't sell
    > it for $15 less than retail either (not that anyone round here would do
    > that). Probably flick it for $60 or so. I am kinda hooked on it for
    > now, it is the only game I play and spending a couple of hours a day on it
    > but next month will be a different story. (short attention span)
    >
    >
    >
    >

    Is it DVD or CD Rom?
    Fred, Jun 7, 2004
    #13
  14. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Fred wrote:

    >>
    >> If you want it next month then you could give me a bell. I'd
    >> probably be ready to flick it off by then. I have registered the
    >> key so you may not be interested but I will probably be sick of it
    >> by next month and I won't sell it for $15 less than retail either
    >> (not that anyone round here would do that). Probably flick it for
    >> $60 or so. I am kinda hooked on it for now, it is the only game I
    >> play and spending a couple of hours a day on it but next month will
    >> be a different story. (short attention span)
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

    > Is it DVD or CD Rom?


    DVD
    cowboyz, Jun 7, 2004
    #14
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. MonkeyMunx
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    779
    Guest
    Jan 5, 2004
  2. Mark²
    Replies:
    34
    Views:
    1,219
    David Littlewood
    May 20, 2006
  3. Ditto21
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    518
    Blinky the Shark
    Feb 18, 2006
  4. Replies:
    3
    Views:
    611
  5. Bottle Boy

    Anyone playing Everquest II on Orcon UBS?

    Bottle Boy, Feb 21, 2005, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    305
    Bottle Boy
    Feb 21, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page