V:the series Set also edited!!!, not just "Alf"

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by dvdguy2@webtv.net, Aug 21, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Not just "Alf", but the "V-The Complete Series" is also edited and not
    the originally aired versions!!! Therefore, it is NOT the "complete"
    series as is stated on the boxes.

    I watched V the seies when it first aired.

    The earlier episodes had Howard K. Smith on it as a newscaster.

    These scenes are COMPLETELY MISSING from the "complete series" dvd set.

    Therefore, is fraud, since they are claiming that it is the complete
    series when it is NOT the complete series.

    It looks like this is another series that I won't be buying now even
    though I wanted to buy it.

    (Hollywood movie company executices are now claiming that it is a
    copyright violation to alow anyone else in your own home to view a dvd
    you have purchased. Hollywood movie company executives now claim that
    every person in your home has to buy ther own dvd of the same movie.
    That if a husband and wife watch one of the same disc together, it is a
    copyright violation.

    Jamie Kellner has claimed this also.
    , Aug 21, 2004

  2. wrote:
    > ..."V-The Complete Series" is also edited and not the originally aired
    > versions!!! Therefore, it is NOT the "complete" series as is stated on
    > the boxes.
    >
    > I watched V the seies when it first aired.
    > The earlier episodes had Howard K. Smith on it as a newscaster.
    > These scenes are COMPLETELY MISSING from the "complete series" dvd set.

    DVD Verdict's reviewer Neil Dorsett seems to disagree. In his review of the
    title, he specifically mentions Smith's appearances in the context of
    changes made to the show in mid-season:

    "Unfortunately, another element of the show that vanishes [mid-season] are
    the weekly newscast introductions by Howard K. Smith, presumably pressed
    out of retirement by the "Freedom Network."

    --<http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/vcompleteseries.php>

    ....which suggests that those introductions *are* present in the early
    episodes on the DVD set.

    If you have a source to support your claim, by all means please cite it.
    But until then, frankly, I'll take Mr Dorsett's word over yours. (And given
    your history of making unsupported claims, you'll pardon me if I don't hold
    my breath waiting for you.)

    > (Hollywood movie company executices are now claiming that it is a
    > copyright violation to alow anyone else in your own home to view a dvd
    > you have purchased. Hollywood movie company executives now claim that
    > every person in your home has to buy ther own dvd of the same movie.
    > That if a husband and wife watch one of the same disc together, it is a
    > copyright violation.
    >
    > Jamie Kellner has claimed this also.

    Again, sources?

    doug

    --
    "It's not peculiar; there's nothing to devise at all..."
    --Hüsker Dü
    Douglas Bailey, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Guest

    your point about V is taken.

    I was going by a reviewer who stated that none of the episodes on his v
    the series dvd set had the howard k smith intros anywhere on it.

    however, after I posted, I read another reviewer who replied to him that
    the intros are on the dvd set.

    so I guess the only way I'll find out for sure is to have to buy them
    and see for myself.

    by the way, even befre I posted, I did distnctly remember the later
    episodes never had any of his intros on them, only the earlr episodes
    did.

    that's why I said "on the earlier episodes".
    , Aug 21, 2004

  5. Chris Oxford Guest

    There are several episodes on the "V: Series" set that have the Howard K.
    Smith "Freedom Network" intros. They start on the fourth episode, I believe
    (also, the opening title sequence has slightly been altered, the second out
    of ultimately 3 times the opening titles would be altered in the series).
    The Freedom Network intros were dropped after a number of episodes (most
    likely after the third opening intro with the voice over began), which was
    too bad because it was a neat idea.

    Chris Oxford, Aug 21, 2004
  6. jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    > (Hollywood movie company executices are now claiming that
    > it is a copyright violation to alow anyone else in your
    > own home to view a dvd you have purchased. Hollywood movie
    > company executives now claim that every person in your home
    > has to buy ther own dvd of the same movie. That if a husband
    > and wife watch one of the same disc together, it is a
    > copyright violation.

    I am in awe of the regularity with which you prove me wrong.

    With each and every stupid-ass comment you post, I keep thinking
    that you couldn't possibly get any stupider. But you do.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Aug 21, 2004
  7. Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Douglas Bailey" <> wrote in message
    > DVD Verdict's reviewer Neil Dorsett seems to disagree. In his review

    of the
    > title, he specifically mentions Smith's appearances in the context of
    > changes made to the show in mid-season:
    >
    > "Unfortunately, another element of the show that vanishes [mid-season]

    are
    > the weekly newscast introductions by Howard K. Smith, presumably

    pressed
    > out of retirement by the "Freedom Network."
    >
    > --<http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/vcompleteseries.php>
    >
    > ...which suggests that those introductions *are* present in the early
    > episodes on the DVD set.

    DVD-Verdict is correct. The Smith intros are present on the DVD set on a
    number of early episodes, just not every single episode. About halfway
    through the season they dumped the gimmick in favor of new opening
    titles that recap the plot of the first two miniseries.
    Joshua Zyber, Aug 22, 2004
  8. Chris4V Guest

    damm who cares
    Chris4V, Aug 23, 2004
  9. jayembee Guest

    ospam (Chris4V) wrote:

    >damm who cares

    I would venture to guess that fans of the series care.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Aug 23, 2004
  10. Brian Guest

    Uh, those scenes are there...they just dropped that segment from the later
    episodes.

    Brian, Aug 23, 2004
  11. Brian Guest

    The show quality, while already going down some, really tanked when the new
    into started.

    Brian, Aug 23, 2004
  12. Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > Douglas Bailey wrote:

    >> DVD Verdict's reviewer Neil Dorsett... specifically mentions Smith's
    >> appearances in the context of changes made to the show in
    >> mid-season.... [suggesting] that those introductions *are* present in
    >> the early episodes on the DVD set.

    > DVD-Verdict is correct. The Smith intros are present on the DVD set on a
    > number of early episodes, just not every single episode.

    Thanks for the confirmation, Josh.

    doug

    --
    "Down in the basement, Cassandra splits hairs..."
    --He Said Omala
    Douglas Bailey, Aug 23, 2004
  13. diesel Guest

    Chris4V wrote:

    > damm who cares

    I don't personally, but some people do. I just hope that they remember
    you're name and when you need some help or advice they meet you with
    them same attitude.

    If you've nothing interesting to say (it wasn't even a witty put down
    ffs) then shut the f**k up.
    diesel, Aug 23, 2004