    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Aug 20, 2003

  2. On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:27:02 +1200, "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

    >Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that has a
    >large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it. (With one
    >obvious exception)

    Gee its nice to know that you are that exception, can't even fix a known
    problem with a MSI MoBo..

    Robert Mathews, Aug 20, 2003

  3. In article <rhG0b.121556$>,
    misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz says...
    > Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that has a
    > large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it. (With one
    > obvious exception)
    >
    > I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an hour on
    > google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?

    There is a business directory, called a'courts or similar. I have had
    them show up in google searches from time to time. They have quite a lot
    of info about different companies - dunno if they'd have what you want
    though.

    h.t.h. -Peter

    ps: quick google search threw this up:
    http://www.acourts.co.nz/Acourts/acWeb.nsf/frmCompanyList?OpenForm&startk
    ey=MASTERPIECE%20PICTURE%20MOULDINGS%20LTD
    dunno if that's helpful, it was entitled 'alphabetical company directory'
    .... you can always hit their main page. -P.

    Peter Huebner, Aug 20, 2003
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "me here" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.companies.govt.nz and use the "Current Name Search" or the
    > "Director, Shareholder or Address Search"
    >
    > Be aware the menu on the left hand side forces the cursor to a text
    > cursor and is quite confusing the first few times.

    Thanks for that Gavin. It seems the business I want to find out about isn't
    a company. I just want to know who owns it.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    > > Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that has

    > > large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it. (With

    one
    > > obvious exception)
    > >
    > > I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an hour

    on
    > > google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?
    > >
    > > And, if you feel the need, flame away.....
    > >
    > > TIA
    > > --
    > > ~misfit~
    > >

    > > ---

    ---
    ~misfit~, Aug 20, 2003
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Peter Huebner" <> wrote in message
    > In article <rhG0b.121556$>,
    > misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz says...
    > > Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that has

    > > large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it. (With

    one
    > > obvious exception)
    > >
    > > I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an hour

    on
    > > google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?

    > There is a business directory, called a'courts or similar. I have had
    > them show up in google searches from time to time. They have quite a lot
    > of info about different companies - dunno if they'd have what you want
    > though.
    >
    > h.t.h. -Peter
    >
    > ps: quick google search threw this up:
    > http://www.acourts.co.nz/Acourts/acWeb.nsf/frmCompanyList?OpenForm&startk
    > ey=MASTERPIECE%20PICTURE%20MOULDINGS%20LTD
    > dunno if that's helpful, it was entitled 'alphabetical company directory'
    > ... you can always hit their main page. -P.

    Thanks for that. It didn't help me though :-(

    I'm just trying to find out the name of owner of a privately owned company.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Aug 20, 2003
  6. ~misfit~

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Robert Mathews <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:27:02 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    >
    >>Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that
    >>has a large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it.
    >>(With one obvious exception)

    > Gee its nice to know that you are that exception, can't even fix a
    > known problem with a MSI MoBo..

    Hook, Line, Sinker ?

    --
    Chris Mayhew using Xnews !
    Chris Mayhew, Aug 20, 2003
  7. ~misfit~

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in

    > "Peter Huebner" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <rhG0b.121556$>,
    >> misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz says...
    >> > Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that
    >> > has

    >> > large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it.
    >> > (With

    > one
    >> > obvious exception)
    >> >
    >> > I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an
    >> > hour

    > on
    >> > google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?

    >> There is a business directory, called a'courts or similar. I have had
    >> them show up in google searches from time to time. They have quite a
    >> lot of info about different companies - dunno if they'd have what
    >> you want though.
    >>
    >> h.t.h. -Peter
    >>
    >> ps: quick google search threw this up:
    >> http://www.acourts.co.nz/Acourts/acWeb.nsf/frmCompanyList?OpenForm&sta
    >> rtk ey=MASTERPIECE%20PICTURE%20MOULDINGS%20LTD
    >> dunno if that's helpful, it was entitled 'alphabetical company
    >> directory' ... you can always hit their main page. -P.

    > Thanks for that. It didn't help me though :-(
    >
    > I'm just trying to find out the name of owner of a privately owned
    > company.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Is this a LTD company ?, if so then you will find that info at the
    companies office as per the other post. If it's not a LTD (Limited
    Liability Company) then they can't use LTD in the name - but maybe you
    already know this ?

    Another posibility is if they use any trade mark - you can search for the
    details on that as well.

    You could search the title of the place they operate from assuming it's not
    a rental and you use to be able to search by name as well (to see how many
    properties that person has)

    --
    Chris Mayhew using Xnews !
    Chris Mayhew, Aug 20, 2003
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in message
    > "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in
    >

    > > "Peter Huebner" <> wrote in message
    > >> In article <rhG0b.121556$>,
    > >> misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz says...

    > > one

    > > on
    > >>
    > >> There is a business directory, called a'courts or similar. I have had
    > >> them show up in google searches from time to time. They have quite a
    > >> lot of info about different companies - dunno if they'd have what
    > >> you want though.
    > >>
    > >> h.t.h. -Peter
    > >>
    > >> ps: quick google search threw this up:
    > >> http://www.acourts.co.nz/Acourts/acWeb.nsf/frmCompanyList?OpenForm&sta
    > >> rtk ey=MASTERPIECE%20PICTURE%20MOULDINGS%20LTD
    > >> dunno if that's helpful, it was entitled 'alphabetical company
    > >> directory' ... you can always hit their main page. -P.

    > > Thanks for that. It didn't help me though :-(
    > >
    > > I'm just trying to find out the name of owner of a privately owned
    > > company.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > --
    > > ~misfit~
    > >

    > Is this a LTD company ?, if so then you will find that info at the
    > companies office as per the other post. If it's not a LTD (Limited
    > Liability Company) then they can't use LTD in the name - but maybe you
    > already know this ?
    >
    > Another posibility is if they use any trade mark - you can search for the
    > details on that as well.
    >
    > You could search the title of the place they operate from assuming it's

    not
    > a rental and you use to be able to search by name as well (to see how many
    > properties that person has)

    I don't think it's a limited company. I've searched everything I can think
    of with no luck. Thanks anyway, much appreciated.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Aug 21, 2003
  9. ~misfit~

    The Flash Guest

    Chances are it is a limited liability company. However its trading name may
    be significantly different.

    What is the trading name?

    The Flash, Aug 21, 2003
  10. ~misfit~

    MarkH Guest

    > Thanks for that. It didn't help me though :-(
    >
    > I'm just trying to find out the name of owner of a privately owned
    > company.

    So is it a company? Or is it a name that someone is trading as?

    Anyone can make up a name and call their business that, no need to register
    it anywhere. Why don’t you tell us the name, maybe someone knows the
    answer to your question.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Aug 21, 2003
  11. ~misfit~

    me here Guest

    http://www.companies.govt.nz and use the "Current Name Search" or the
    "Director, Shareholder or Address Search"

    Be aware the menu on the left hand side forces the cursor to a text
    cursor and is quite confusing the first few times.

    Gavin

    me here, Aug 21, 2003
  12. ~misfit~

    geoffm Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:27:02 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:

    >Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that has a
    >large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it. (With one
    >obvious exception)
    >
    >I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an hour on
    >google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?

    www.companies.govt.nz for the companies office for directors and
    shareholders searches. If it is a sole trader, you are probably out of
    luck, although they tend to be small companies, so the person
    answering the phone, owns the place.
    Geoff
    geoffm, Aug 21, 2003
  13. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "MarkH" <> wrote in message
    > "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in
    >
    > > Thanks for that. It didn't help me though :-(
    > >
    > > I'm just trying to find out the name of owner of a privately owned
    > > company.

    > So is it a company? Or is it a name that someone is trading as?
    >
    > Anyone can make up a name and call their business that, no need to

    register
    > it anywhere. Why don't you tell us the name, maybe someone knows the
    > answer to your question.

    The Pizza Box, Pukekohe.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Aug 21, 2003
  14. ~misfit~

    Keith Guest

    (Jason M) wrote:
    >On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 23:26:28 +1200, "~misfit~"
    ><misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    >
    >>The Pizza Box, Pukekohe.

    >http://www.enterprisefranklin.co.nz/businessDatabase/ef_response.asp?kw=restaurant

    The Franklin business finder shows a James White as contact.
    It also shows a website registered. Domainz lists the website
    registration as a Jim White, Rhumvale Holdings Ltd.

    The Companies website lists a James Richard White as a
    company director of Rhumvale.
    Keith, Aug 22, 2003
  15. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message

    > (Jason M) wrote:
    > >On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 23:26:28 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > ><misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    > >
    > >>The Pizza Box, Pukekohe.

    >http://www.enterprisefranklin.co.nz/businessDatabase/ef_response.asp?kw=res

    taurant

    > The Franklin business finder shows a James White as contact.
    > It also shows a website registered. Domainz lists the website
    > registration as a Jim White, Rhumvale Holdings Ltd.
    >
    > The Companies website lists a James Richard White as a
    > company director of Rhumvale.

    Thank you very much.
    --
    ~misfit~