    --
    Martin
    ©¿©¬
    Martin ©¿©¬ , Nov 24, 2006

  2. Martin ©¿©¬

    beenthere Guest

    <Martin ©¿©¬ lid> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    > When my pc boots up I get a message saying
    > "uTorrent is not compatable with NVIDIA firewall (nvappfilter.dll)
    > Please un-install the application if you have any probs
    > The program contains several bugs"
    >
    > When I click OK, uTorrent has to re-start, but then continues
    > I've only recently started to use uTorrent and have set it to load
    > when windows starts.
    >
    > I wasn't aware that I had set NVIDIA Firewall.
    > I use Sygate person firewall
    >
    > If I were to remove nvappfilter.dll or NIVIDIA would it have a
    > detrimental effect on some other part of my system
    > nvappfilter.dll is in C:\windows\system32
    >
    > Running WINXP home

    In utorrent, find out what port it is using.
    Then here, you can find out how to let it through the
    NV firewall.
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1652&page=4
    HTH.

    bw..OJ
    beenthere, Nov 24, 2006

  3. On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:48:55 GMT, "beenthere" <>
    wrote:
    >In utorrent, find out what port it is using.
    >Then here, you can find out how to let it through the
    >NV firewall.
    >http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1652&page=4
    >HTH.

    Thanks beenthere
    Followed your directions, found the port, however, when I accessed the
    Firewall functions, (click on the "nVIDIA Web-based Interface" icon on
    the desktop, or in the programs menu) My menu is different from that
    in the URL - there is no personal firewall configuration or wizards
    menus shown

    So what do I do now?
    --
    Martin
    ©¿©¬

    looked at
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1652&page=4 for
    instructions, however,

    Martin ©¿©¬ , Nov 24, 2006
  4. Martin ©¿©¬

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:09:23 +0000, Has Frothed:

    > On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:48:55 GMT, "beenthere" <>
    > wrote:
    >>In utorrent, find out what port it is using.
    >>Then here, you can find out how to let it through the
    >>NV firewall.
    >>http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1652&page=4
    >>HTH.

    > Thanks beenthere
    > Followed your directions, found the port, however, when I accessed the
    > Firewall functions, (click on the "nVIDIA Web-based Interface" icon on
    > the desktop, or in the programs menu) My menu is different from that
    > in the URL - there is no personal firewall configuration or wizards
    > menus shown
    >
    > So what do I do now?

    Find out how to disable that piece of shit. WTF is nvidia thinking for
    ****'s sake..

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Nov 24, 2006
  5. Martin ©¿©¬

    beenthere Guest

    <Martin ©¿©¬ lid> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:48:55 GMT, "beenthere" <>
    > wrote:
    >>In utorrent, find out what port it is using.
    >>Then here, you can find out how to let it through the
    >>NV firewall.
    >>http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1652&page=4
    >>HTH.

    > Thanks beenthere
    > Followed your directions, found the port, however, when I accessed the
    > Firewall functions, (click on the "nVIDIA Web-based Interface" icon on
    > the desktop, or in the programs menu) My menu is different from that
    > in the URL - there is no personal firewall configuration or wizards
    > menus shown
    >
    > So what do I do now?

    Try here, bottom left hand side, you can D\load a PDF file
    that should give you more insight.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/security.html
    HTH.
    beenthere, Nov 24, 2006
  6. On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:11:01 -0500, Meat Plow <>
    wrote:
    >> So what do I do now?

    >Find out how to disable that piece of shit. WTF is nvidia thinking for
    >****'s sake..

    Hello Meat Plow
    I did a google and they suggested to:
    <Control Panel/Add-Remove........find NVidia drivers or NVidia Network
    Access Manager and get rid of it.......!...... you may need to click
    'nVidia drivers' and select to only uninstall that particular element
    if it doesn't appear in the Add/Remove list.......>

    and/or create a bat file to get rid of it

    If anyone else is having the same problem

    If anyone needs to make it a bit easier, simply open notepad and copy
    this into it. Save it as a .bat file on the desktop then run it.

    c:
    cd %windir%\system32\wbem\
    net stop winmgmt /y
    ping -n 10 127.0.0.1
    rmdir /s /q repository
    rmdir /s /q Logs
    mkdir Logs
    net start winmgm
    ping -n 10 127.0.0.1
    exit

    Bye bye nvidia firewall.

    --
    Regards
    Martin
    Martin ©¿©¬ , Nov 24, 2006
  7. Martin ©¿©¬

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:09:33 +0000, Has Frothed:

    > On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:11:01 -0500, Meat Plow <>
    > wrote:
    >>> So what do I do now?

    >>Find out how to disable that piece of shit. WTF is nvidia thinking for
    >>****'s sake..

    > Hello Meat Plow
    > I did a google and they suggested to:
    > <Control Panel/Add-Remove........find NVidia drivers or NVidia Network
    > Access Manager and get rid of it.......!...... you may need to click
    > 'nVidia drivers' and select to only uninstall that particular element
    > if it doesn't appear in the Add/Remove list.......>
    >
    > and/or create a bat file to get rid of it
    >
    > If anyone else is having the same problem
    >
    > If anyone needs to make it a bit easier, simply open notepad and copy
    > this into it. Save it as a .bat file on the desktop then run it.
    >
    > c:
    > cd %windir%\system32\wbem\
    > net stop winmgmt /y
    > ping -n 10 127.0.0.1
    > rmdir /s /q repository
    > rmdir /s /q Logs
    > mkdir Logs
    > net start winmgm
    > ping -n 10 127.0.0.1
    > exit
    >
    > Bye bye nvidia firewall.

    Good info. I would be appaled if the drive install didn't include a way to
    opt out from the firewall install saving the operator the headache of
    having to uninstall of disable it.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Nov 24, 2006