utility tool

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?aXNtYWls?=, Feb 10, 2006.

  1. Is there any utility tool is available to check the hardware campatibality
    before installing windows x64

    =?Utf-8?B?aXNtYWls?=, Feb 10, 2006

  2. No.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 10, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?aXNtYWls?=

    Rich Lehman Guest

    Which sucks. Check with the vendors of your hardware and see if they have
    drivers and if they don't are they working on gettign 64 bit drivers.

    Or do like everyone else in the Windows world does. Try it and find out if
    it does work.

    I will be doing that with my new hardware in a day or two. I have amd 64x2,
    Gb NIC, 1GB RAM, Steatlh x300se. Unfortunately the only 64bit software I
    have is just the OS. And at this point the only advantage would be the
    memory advantages, whatever the amount is.

    Rich Lehman, Feb 10, 2006
  4. Yeah, I agree, it is "sub-optimal". I wish there were a tool, but I don't
    know of one. Other than Google, of course.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 11, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?amFibG9vbWYxMjMw?=, Feb 11, 2006