-> Utility to switch between Ethernet and Wifi? <-

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Steve JORDI, Dec 10, 2007.

  1. Steve JORDI

    Steve JORDI Guest

    Hi,
    I have both an Ethernet cable and a WiFi on my desktop for
    different purposes.

    I'd like to know whether there is a Windows utility that allows
    you to switch between Ethernet and Wifi with a simple click?

    The utility would "Disable" the Ethernet, and "Activate" the Wifi
    and vice-versa.

    I currently do this manually when I need to use either Internet
    connection.

    Thanks for any help.

    Sincerely,
    Steve JORDI

    (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)
    1197 Prangins Email:
    Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
    Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes
    MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

    Steve JORDI, Dec 10, 2007

  2. Hi
    You can establish priority by setting the Metrics.
    http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
    You can write a simple bat file for ipconfig to release and renew each
    connection.
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/.../xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ipconfig.mspx?mfr=true
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 10, 2007

  3. Steve JORDI

    Steve JORDI Guest

    Jack,

    thanks for your help.
    I created two .bat files: one Wifi, one Ethernet that just
    do "/release" and "/renew" and it works pretty well.

    Thanks again

    MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

    Steve JORDI, Dec 11, 2007