    return any that meet the criteria. For example, search for any shots
    taken during March 10-15th, 2002. Hoping it's free.

    jim

    jim evans, Feb 13, 2006

  2. jim evans

    bugbear Guest

    jim evans wrote:
    > Is there a utility that will search through image files EXIF data and
    > return any that meet the criteria. For example, search for any shots
    > taken during March 10-15th, 2002. Hoping it's free.

    This + grep?

    http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    BugBear

    bugbear, Feb 13, 2006

  3. jim evans

    jim evans Guest

    On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:39:04 +0000, bugbear
    <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    >jim evans wrote:
    >> Is there a utility that will search through image files EXIF data and
    >> return any that meet the criteria. For example, search for any shots
    >> taken during March 10-15th, 2002. Hoping it's free.

    >This + grep?
    >
    >http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    Well, that pretty much blew my mind. Is this a Unix tool?

    jim

    jim evans, Feb 13, 2006
  4. jim evans

    Bill Tuthill Guest

    jim evans <> wrote:

    >>http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    > Well, that pretty much blew my mind. Is this a Unix tool?

    Not as such. It's Perl based. You can run Perl on Windows.
    Since Mac is Unix now, I'll ignore that for now.

    Bill Tuthill, Feb 13, 2006
  5. jim evans

    l v Guest

    jim evans wrote:
    > Is there a utility that will search through image files EXIF data and
    > return any that meet the criteria. For example, search for any shots
    > taken during March 10-15th, 2002. Hoping it's free.
    >
    > jim

    EXIFUtils ( http://www.hugsan.com/EXIFutils/ ) is also good. It has a
    exiflist tool. I mostly use it for the exifcopy tool. The free
    version does have some restrictions.

    Len

    l v, Feb 14, 2006