Utility to check if FW is SIP-friendly?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Gilles Ganault, May 19, 2007.

  1. Hi

    If I got it right, some firewalls support SIP easily through
    STUN or UPnP, while others don't, requiring the use of fixed RTP ports
    and opening the ad hoc ports on the router.

    I noticed that some SIP devices, including the GrandStream GXP-2000
    and the SJPhone softphone report back the type of NAT router that sits
    in front of the LAN where the device is sitting (in my case, "Port
    restricted cone").

    Is there a stand-alone utility or web application that reports this
    information, so as to make it easier to deploy SIP devices?

    Thank you.
     
    Gilles Ganault, May 19, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Sat, 19 May 2007 10:30:31 +0200, Gilles Ganault <>
    wrote:
    >Is there a stand-alone utility or web application that reports this
    >information, so as to make it easier to deploy SIP devices?


    For those interested:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/stun/

    Last updated 2003-12-31, but it seems to work.
     
    Gilles Ganault, May 20, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Gilles Ganault

    Hongtian Guest

    Please try miniSipServer which is a SIP server for windows. But it can
    be STUN server at the same time.

    On May 20, 10:27 pm, Gilles Ganault <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 May 2007 10:30:31 +0200, Gilles Ganault <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is there a stand-alone utility or web application that reports this
    > >information, so as to make it easier to deploy SIP devices?

    >
    > For those interested:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/stun/
    >
    > Last updated 2003-12-31, but it seems to work.
     
    Hongtian, May 22, 2007
    #3
  4. On 21 May 2007 23:10:15 -0700, Hongtian <>
    wrote:
    >Please try miniSipServer which is a SIP server for windows. But it can
    >be STUN server at the same time.


    Thanks, but I was just looking for a stand-alone client that I can
    send to people who are having problems with their IP phone, and check
    what kind of firewall they have.
     
    Gilles Ganault, May 22, 2007
    #4
  5. Gilles Ganault wrote:
    >
    >
    > Thanks, but I was just looking for a stand-alone client that I can
    > send to people who are having problems with their IP phone, and check
    > what kind of firewall they have.


    Try using netcheck.exe from FWD.

    http://downloads.fwdnet.net/netcheck.exe
     
    =?windows-1252?Q?LRC=99?=, May 26, 2007
    #5
  6. Gilles Ganault, May 27, 2007
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. ho alexandre
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    884
    Hellmark
    Jul 16, 2003
  2. Splibbilla
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    411
    Splibbilla
    Nov 15, 2004
  3. Splibbilla
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    472
    Leonidas Jones
    Nov 16, 2004
  4. pat

    Printer Friendly

    pat, Sep 17, 2003, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    911
    Davin Mickelson
    Sep 17, 2003
  5. SS

    Utility to check windows files?

    SS, Jan 15, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    410
    Plato
    Jan 15, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page