    duplicates files, but if the date stamp is different it assumes the
    file is different (which it is not in my case). I am hoping to find a
    free ware program that does that. thanks.

    lbbss, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Re: Util soft: to compare directories by size, name but not timestamp?

    http://hunter.11s.com/

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 7, 2005

  3. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    Re: Util soft: to compare directories by size, name but not time stamp?

    Thanks,
    I am trying to figure out how to use it (so many options).
    Where can I find the option to ignore the date stamp and only compare
    fine name and size.

    lbbss, Sep 7, 2005
  4. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    Re: Util soft: to compare directories by size, name but not time stamp?

    Basically, what I am trying to do is make one comprehensive list of
    songs out of
    the two directories. Some files are identical but others have the
    same name (tuner004.rec) but different content. So those are the
    files I would like to move to a new directory and rename. Hope this
    does not sound to confusing. Thanks.

    The only other twist is that all the files that are identical in size
    content and name have different dates stamp, so most programs will
    lable them as being different (which they are not). Can this Hunter
    program do that? If so, where can I find the option to ignore the
    date stamp and only compare fine name and size. thanks.
    lbbss

    lbbss, Sep 8, 2005
  5. Re: Util soft: to compare directories by size, name but not timestamp?

    lbbss wrote:
    > Basically, what I am trying to do is make one comprehensive list of
    > songs out of
    > the two directories. Some files are identical but others have the
    > same name (tuner004.rec) but different content. So those are the
    > files I would like to move to a new directory and rename. Hope this
    > does not sound to confusing. Thanks.
    >
    > The only other twist is that all the files that are identical in size
    > content and name have different dates stamp, so most programs will
    > lable them as being different (which they are not). Can this Hunter
    > program do that? If so, where can I find the option to ignore the
    > date stamp and only compare fine name and size. thanks.
    > lbbss

    Hunter will get rid of all exact duplicates.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 8, 2005