UTF rendering problems

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Animesh K, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. Animesh K

    Animesh K Guest

    Hello All:

    My first post! I have Mozilla and Firefox installed in two computers and only
    Firefox in one. I noticed that only Firefox installation supports UTF rendering
    for devanagari (Hindi) or for diacritics properly.

    http://www.stutimandal.com/gif_adi/govindastakam.htm

    For example, if you have the latest build of firefox *only*, you should see the
    title of the poem without any spaces between the title word.

    However, in computers where Mozilla Suite is installed, I see the rendering as
    improper. It has useless spaces after any character which has to be
    super-imposed on top of the previous character.

    I removed all my profiles (c:\documents and settings\username\application
    data\mozilla) and cache etc from c:\program files\ and then re-installed only
    firefox. The problem still persists.

    Is there a way out of this mess?

    Best regards,
    Animesh
    Animesh K, Jun 20, 2006

  2. Animesh K

    gwtc Guest

    try upgrading to Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

    --
    Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #4: Stand silent and motionless
    in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.
    gwtc, Jun 20, 2006

  3. Animesh K

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jun 20, 2006
  4. Animesh K

    Animesh K Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Animesh K wrote:
    >> Hello All:
    >>
    >> My first post! I have Mozilla and Firefox installed in two computers
    >> and only Firefox in one. I noticed that only Firefox installation
    >> supports UTF rendering for devanagari (Hindi) or for diacritics properly.
    >>
    >> http://www.stutimandal.com/gif_adi/govindastakam.htm
    >>
    >> For example, if you have the latest build of firefox *only*, you
    >> should see the title of the poem without any spaces between the title
    >> word.
    >>
    >> However, in computers where Mozilla Suite is installed, I see the
    >> rendering as improper. It has useless spaces after any character which
    >> has to be super-imposed on top of the previous character.
    >>
    >> I removed all my profiles (c:\documents and
    >> settings\username\application data\mozilla) and cache etc from
    >> c:\program files\ and then re-installed only firefox. The problem
    >> still persists.
    >>
    >> Is there a way out of this mess?
    >>
    >> Best regards,
    >> Animesh

    > try upgrading to Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

    Yes! But how do I fix it in a computer where mozilla was installed once upon a
    time, but now only firefox is there.

    Best,
    Animesh K, Jun 20, 2006
  5. Animesh K

    Animesh K Guest

    Animesh K, Jun 20, 2006
  6. Animesh K

    Animesh K Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Animesh K wrote:
    >> Hello All:
    >>
    >> My first post! I have Mozilla and Firefox installed in two computers
    >> and only Firefox in one. I noticed that only Firefox installation
    >> supports UTF rendering for devanagari (Hindi) or for diacritics properly.
    >>
    >> http://www.stutimandal.com/gif_adi/govindastakam.htm
    >>
    >> For example, if you have the latest build of firefox *only*, you
    >> should see the title of the poem without any spaces between the title
    >> word.
    >>
    >> However, in computers where Mozilla Suite is installed, I see the
    >> rendering as improper. It has useless spaces after any character which
    >> has to be super-imposed on top of the previous character.
    >>
    >> I removed all my profiles (c:\documents and
    >> settings\username\application data\mozilla) and cache etc from
    >> c:\program files\ and then re-installed only firefox. The problem
    >> still persists.
    >>
    >> Is there a way out of this mess?
    >>
    >> Best regards,
    >> Animesh

    > try upgrading to Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

    Okay, I tried this upgrade to seamonkey (samudravaanara): didn't help!

    Thanks,
    Animesh
    Animesh K, Jun 21, 2006
  7. Animesh K

    Animesh K Guest

    Animesh K, Jun 21, 2006
  8. Animesh K

    Mumia W. Guest

    Animesh K wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Animesh K wrote:
    >>> [...]
    >>> http://www.stutimandal.com/gif_adi/govindastakam.htm
    >>>
    >>> For example, if you have the latest build of firefox *only*, you
    >>> should see the title of the poem without any spaces between the
    >>> title word.
    >>>
    >>> However, in computers where Mozilla Suite is installed, I see the
    >>> rendering as improper. It has useless spaces after any character
    >>> which has to be super-imposed on top of the previous character.
    >>> [...]

    >> try upgrading to Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
    >>

    > Okay, I tried this upgrade to seamonkey (samudravaanara): didn't help!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Animesh

    I'm using Seamonkey 1.0.1.

    I went to that web site, and the Hindi text appeared just fine. There
    are no spaces in the title.
    Mumia W., Jun 22, 2006
  9. Animesh K

    Mumia W. Guest

    Mumia W., Jun 22, 2006
  10. Animesh K

    Animesh K Guest

    Mumia W. wrote:
    > Animesh K wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> try upgrading to Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
    >>>

    >> Okay, I tried this upgrade to seamonkey (samudravaanara): didn't help!
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Animesh

    > I'm using Seamonkey 1.0.1.
    >
    > I went to that web site, and the Hindi text appeared just fine. There
    > are no spaces in the title.

    Yes, that's what I am saying again and again; a fresh installation works fine.
    But if Mozilla has been in the history of install, (say till past 1 year), then
    page rendering is bad (my testing method: win Xp, and 2 different computers).
    How to get around this?

    Best,
    Animesh K, Jun 22, 2006
  11. Animesh K