    1. Advertising

  2. steve

    steve Guest

    steve, Feb 16, 2004

  3. steve wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.php

    > The Linux demo plays awesomely well on an Athlon 2800+, 512MB of
    > DDR400 RAM with an nVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 video card.

    Anyone spotted an NZ server for it yet?
    I'm over my monthly download limit :-(

    Russell
    Russell Smithies, Feb 16, 2004
  4. Russell Smithies, Feb 16, 2004
  5. steve

    Ali P Guest

    "Russell Smithies" <> wrote in message
    > Russell Smithies wrote:
    > > steve wrote:

    > >> The Linux demo plays awesomely well on an Athlon 2800+, 512MB of
    > >> DDR400 RAM with an nVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 video card.

    > > Anyone spotted an NZ server for it yet?
    > > I'm over my monthly download limit :-(
    > >
    > > Russell

    > replying to myself :)
    >
    > found it at ftp://ftp.gameplanet.co.nz/pub/demos/ut2004-betademo.exe
    >
    > Russell

    ftp://ftp2.jetstreamgames.co.nz/pub/ut2004/UT2004-BetaDemo.exe
    has it as well. The advantage here is if you're on 128k jetstream starter
    you can log on to the jetstream games realm and download it at full speed.
    Ali P, Feb 16, 2004
  6. steve

    David Preece Guest

    David Preece, Feb 16, 2004
  7. steve

    steve Guest

    David Preece wrote:

    > steve wrote:
    >> http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.php
    >>

    > Goes like a dog on a mac. 1.25GHz Powerbook with a Radeon 9600. Maybe
    > 15-20 fps. Much as though I would like to support mac gaming, sometimes
    > there just isn't any point.
    >
    > Dave

    Is it using software rendering or OpenGL?

    You on MacOS X?

    Steve
    steve, Feb 16, 2004
  8. steve

    steve Guest

    David Preece wrote:

    > steve wrote:
    >> http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.php
    >>

    > Goes like a dog on a mac. 1.25GHz Powerbook with a Radeon 9600. Maybe
    > 15-20 fps. Much as though I would like to support mac gaming, sometimes
    > there just isn't any point.
    >
    > Dave

    The Athlon 2800+ ("Barton") is just over 2.0 GHz (2.089?) and has 512k of
    onboard cache.

    It's *much* faster than an Athlon 2200+ running at 1.82GHz....which I also
    have 2 of.

    AMD CPU's can't be judged by the MHZ/GHZ ratings alone anymore. Most will
    know that....some might not.
    steve, Feb 16, 2004
  9. steve

    David Preece Guest

    steve wrote:
    > Is it using software rendering or OpenGL?

    OpenGL. Must be, it at least *ran*.

    > You on MacOS X?

    Must be, it at least *ran*.

    Dave
    David Preece, Feb 18, 2004
  10. steve

    David Preece Guest

    Not wishing to sound like an arse, but...

    steve wrote:
    > The Athlon 2800+ ("Barton")

    > It's *much* faster than an Athlon 2200+

    An Athlon 2800 is faster than a 2200. Ummm, stop the press. My guess is
    about 30% faster across a broad range of benchmarks.

    Dave
    David Preece, Feb 18, 2004