    the taskbar'' is not activated and the ''show quick launch'' is checked. I'm
    I missing something here?

    Thanks for any advice to come.

    Þhil, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Þhil

    Edward\(1\) Guest

    Probably not an answer, Phil, but have you checked that the sizeing bar has
    not been set too far to the left. You can not place icons to its right,
    which is the minimizing area.

    Good luck,

    Ed

    "Þhil" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using windows xp and curiously I cannot add icons to the taskbar

    (quick
    > launch) anymore. Usually I simply have to drag and drop an icon from the
    > desktop to the taskbar and it's done.
    > I've double-checked my ''taskbar and start menu properties'' and the

    ''lock

    Edward\(1\), Dec 12, 2003

  3. Þhil

    trout Guest

    Þhil wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using windows xp and curiously I cannot add icons to the taskbar
    > (quick launch) anymore. Usually I simply have to drag and drop an
    > icon from the desktop to the taskbar and it's done.
    > I've double-checked my ''taskbar and start menu properties'' and the
    > ''lock the taskbar'' is not activated and the ''show quick launch''
    > is checked. I'm I missing something here?
    >
    > Thanks for any advice to come.

    I've found that a right-click (and 'move here') drag seems to be a
    little more reliable. Other than that; I'd just make careful note of the
    display, and see where it will allow me to drop (solid bar; and not the
    red circle with the slash-through).
    --
    "*Might* be that simple. Might not."

    trout, Dec 12, 2003