    PS, I must say sip is rather a nice way of doing things, certainly more
    fun than skype for just messing about.
    , Jul 3, 2005

  2. Graham Guest

    > I downloaded x lite via the sipphone website.
    >
    > I can not see how to add another proxy/setup. I can alter the one I
    > have "default" however I would like to be able to choose easily between
    > sipphone and sipgate.
    >
    > How do i do it? Do sip phone remove a setting or something from there
    > version of x lite?
    >
    > Should I go and download another version of x lite.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > PS, I must say sip is rather a nice way of doing things, certainly more
    > fun than skype for just messing about.

    The account in proxy 2 can be accessed by prefixing the number with #1
    Alternatively right-click on the phone and click the proxy you need.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Graham Guest

    > The account in proxy 2 can be accessed by prefixing the number with #1
    > Alternatively right-click on the phone and click the proxy you need.

    Just to correct myself, the second proxy is called proxy 1

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham, Jul 3, 2005
  4. On 3 Jul 2005 10:50:14 -0700, wrote:

    >I can not see how to add another proxy/setup. I can alter the one I
    >have "default" however I would like to be able to choose easily between
    >sipphone and sipgate.

    Main menu / System settings / SIP Proxy

    should see [Default] then Proxy 1, Proxy 2 etc in a list

    highlight Proxy 1, click Select, you get another setup screen with
    "enabled" as the top entry.

    Once setup you can right mouse ofver the screen area and select a
    proxy

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !
    Phil Thompson, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Guest

    It seems my assumptions were correct, for some reason sipphone have
    stopped you from easily adding other sip providors.

    Anyway, I just installed a proper version of x lite, and now it all
    works fine and dandy. sipphone, sipgate and voipbuster all sitting next
    to each other. Still got to sort out 18866 voip though grrrrr! if
    voipbuster accepted something other than credit cards I would be ok.

    For those interested, in sipphones version the default is the only
    thing you can see, and therefore edit. No proxy 1, 2 ect ect in that
    baby.
    , Jul 4, 2005