    tell me how to then UPLOAD as the word isn't in the programs HELP
    dictionary...for some reason...it uses it enough in advice though....Ah
    well...Cheers and All The Best....FRED the FISHERMAN

    fredcromer, May 8, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    Pepperoni Guest

    WS_FTP is simple to use.

    Here's a simple tutorial to walk you through:
    http://www.draac.com/wsftp/

    First, you set up your information to connect to your web storage space.
    WS_ftp will save the info. You will need the host name (for Tiscali), your
    username (or ID) and your password. Once the account is set up properly,
    the information will be saved and thereafter you merely highlight the files
    to be uploaded and click the arrow => to upload. It will be easy, but
    first get the account properly set up. Tiscali probably has a web page
    showing the proper information (Host name)

    "fredcromer" <> wrote in message
    > I d,loaded ws-ftp, and after my 1st attempt at some type of web-page, for

    my
    > 'free webspace' provided by TISCALI when you sign up....Anyway, I'm new to
    > computing, so I put a page together using FRONT PAGE, then used ws-ftp to
    > recognise it as a file i wanted to transfer, but i have no ideas as to how

    > tell the WSftp that I want to upload it to Tiscali......Can anybody give

    me
    > just a hint as 2 what happens when i've transferred the web-page from

    source
    > side( left ) -destination side( right )......Right and Left being the

    sides

    Pepperoni, May 8, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Chet Guest

    The files in the right window are the files on the remote server. If a file
    name appears there it is "uploaded".

    If at that point, you aren't able to see your web page with your browser
    there might be some confusion over file naming. If the file name you upload
    isn't "index.htm" or "index.html" (sometimes "default.html") then you need
    to give the file name as part of the URL when you access it.

    Chet, May 8, 2004