    separate files. what i want to know is, how do i get from a list of file to
    a working program bearing in mind that there isn't one with an exe. suffix?

    paul

    Paul Bennett, Dec 28, 2005

  2. Paul Bennett wrote:
    > i'm probably the only person left in the world who doesn't know how to use
    > file decompression apps like Winrar but it's something i just can't get my
    > head around. is there anywhere i can get or download a wizard that will hold
    > my hand step by step or can anyone give me lucid instructions.i can get as
    > far as unpacking the files to a location but i'm still left with a list of
    > separate files. what i want to know is, how do i get from a list of file to
    > a working program bearing in mind that there isn't one with an exe. suffix?
    >
    > paul

    Are you related to Gordon?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Dec 28, 2005

  3. Paul Bennett

    Trax Guest

    "Paul Bennett" <> wrote:

    |>i'm probably the only person left in the world who doesn't know how to use
    |>file decompression apps like Winrar but it's something i just can't get my
    |>head around. is there anywhere i can get or download a wizard that will hold
    |>my hand step by step or can anyone give me lucid instructions.i can get as
    |>far as unpacking the files to a location but i'm still left with a list of
    |>separate files. what i want to know is, how do i get from a list of file to
    |>a working program bearing in mind that there isn't one with an exe. suffix?

    Looking at WinRar in the start menu\Programs there are two help files
    a Manual and the F1 help file; Give them a read. It's a fish\Pole
    thing.

    To compress any extensions highlight your files right click and select
    add to archive (the one with the winrar icon)

    (Control key depressed - any file click'd on will be highlighted.)

    --
    Puzzle break.
    http://219.101.39.52/~nanahiro/main.html

    Trax, Dec 28, 2005
  4. Paul Bennett

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:40:39 -0000, "Paul Bennett"
    <> wrote:

    >i'm probably the only person left in the world who doesn't know how to use
    >file decompression apps like Winrar but it's something i just can't get my
    >head around. is there anywhere i can get or download a wizard that will hold
    >my hand step by step or can anyone give me lucid instructions.i can get as
    >far as unpacking the files to a location but i'm still left with a list of
    >separate files. what i want to know is, how do i get from a list of file to
    >a working program bearing in mind that there isn't one with an exe. suffix?

    That depends on what the files are.

    WinRar, along with any compression program, is simply like throwing a
    bunch of cookies in a cookie jar, and then shrinking the cookie jar,
    and handing it to someone else, then the other person expands it back
    to its original size.

    So asking what you do with the files you extracted is like asking
    "What kind of juice do I have in my fridge?"

    Perhaps a better option is to ask whoever you got the zip file from.

    Evan Platt, Dec 28, 2005
  5. Paul Bennett

    Paul Bennett Guest

    Who? Flash Gordon?

    Paul Bennett, Dec 28, 2005
  6. Paul Bennett

    Trax Guest

    Trax <> wrote:

    |>i can get as

    Duh, I missread the question, yes it depends upon the files involved.
    got something like name.00 ? it's also a Rar file just click on that.
    Start.bat ... again depends upon the files in question.

    Trax, Dec 28, 2005