    the Broadcom software.
    2) I cannot find a download for the Windows BT driver.
    Very annoying!
    nojo901, May 7, 2008

  2. Hi
    It might be that the Sync. starts through a file that loaded at Startup, and
    or starts a service.
    These two small utilities can help in identifying and getting rid of the
    culprit.
    StartUp let you find and control what is loaded at Startup.
    Process Explorer shows you all the running Processes and let you kill them
    temporarily, so you can see what is affecting the system, it would also
    inform you where and what is the source of the process.
    http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 7, 2008

  3. nojo901

    smlunatick Guest

    On May 7, 7:44 am, nojo901 <> wrote:
    > My XP Pro laptop comes with a built-in Broadcom BT device and driver.
    > To be able to synch my Blackberry, I need to use the Windows driver instead.
    > i have two problems:
    > 1) I cannot remove the Broadcom - it is not listed under add/remove software
    > and when I try to do it in device manager, only one of the two Broadcom BT
    > items listed under BT have a remove option AND when I remove the one that I
    > can remove, the Scand For Hardware Changes option automatically reinstalls
    > the Broadcom software.
    > 2) I cannot find a download for the Windows BT driver.
    > Very annoying!

    Broadcom BT was originally known as Widcomm.

    However, I've seen several laptop delivered with the Broadcom drivers
    re-branded (like some HPs.)
    smlunatick, May 7, 2008
  4. nojo901

    James Egan Guest

    On Wed, 7 May 2008 04:44:01 -0700, nojo901
    <> wrote:

    >My XP Pro laptop comes with a built-in Broadcom BT device and driver.
    >To be able to synch my Blackberry, I need to use the Windows driver instead.
    >i have two problems:
    >1) I cannot remove the Broadcom - it is not listed under add/remove software
    >and when I try to do it in device manager, only one of the two Broadcom BT
    >items listed under BT have a remove option AND when I remove the one that I
    >can remove, the Scand For Hardware Changes option automatically reinstalls
    >the Broadcom software.
    >2) I cannot find a download for the Windows BT driver.
    >Very annoying!

    Perhaps there's something that can be disabled in the cmos setup?

    Jim.
    James Egan, May 8, 2008
  5. nojo901

    smlunatick Guest

    On May 8, 4:21 am, James Egan <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 7 May 2008 04:44:01 -0700, nojo901
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >My XP Pro laptop comes with a built-in Broadcom BT device and driver.
    > >To be able to synch my Blackberry, I need to use the Windows driver instead.
    > >i have two problems:
    > >1) I cannot remove the Broadcom - it is not listed under add/remove software
    > >and when I try to do it in device manager, only one of the two Broadcom BT
    > >items listed under BT have a remove option AND when I remove the one that I
    > >can remove, the Scand For Hardware Changes option automatically reinstalls
    > >the Broadcom software.
    > >2) I cannot find a download for the Windows BT driver.
    > >Very annoying!

    > Perhaps there's something that can be disabled in the cmos setup?
    >
    > Jim.

    Disabling the Broadcom Bluetooth in the CMOS / BIOS "removes" the
    Bluetooth "radio" from XP completely
    smlunatick, May 8, 2008
  6. nojo901

    Pavel A. Guest

    "nojo901" <> wrote in message
    > My XP Pro laptop comes with a built-in Broadcom BT device and driver.
    > To be able to synch my Blackberry, I need to use the Windows driver
    > instead.
    > i have two problems:
    > 1) I cannot remove the Broadcom - it is not listed under add/remove
    > software
    > and when I try to do it in device manager, only one of the two Broadcom BT
    > items listed under BT have a remove option AND when I remove the one that
    > can remove, the Scand For Hardware Changes option automatically reinstalls
    > the Broadcom software.
    > 2) I cannot find a download for the Windows BT driver.
    > Very annoying!

    Is this really necessary? the Blackberry sync does not work with BT/Widcomm
    driver?
    Strange.

    --PA
    Pavel A., May 8, 2008
  7. nojo901

    smlunatick Guest

    On May 8, 3:23 pm, "Pavel A." <> wrote:
    > "nojo901" <> wrote in message

    > > My XP Pro laptop comes with a built-in Broadcom BT device and driver.
    > > To be able to synch my Blackberry, I need to use the Windows driver
    > > instead.
    > > i have two problems:
    > > 1) I cannot remove the Broadcom - it is not listed under add/remove
    > > software
    > > and when I try to do it in device manager, only one of the two Broadcom BT
    > > items listed under BT have a remove option AND when I remove the one that
    > > can remove, the Scand For Hardware Changes option automatically reinstalls
    > > the Broadcom software.
    > > 2) I cannot find a download for the Windows BT driver.
    > > Very annoying!

    > Is this really necessary? the Blackberry sync does not work with BT/Widcomm
    > driver?
    > Strange.
    >
    > --PA

    The OP wants to remove the Widcomm/Broadcom BT drivers and then let
    Microsoft's Sp2 get installed. You can not have "botth" installed at
    the same time.
    smlunatick, May 9, 2008